chapter thirteen

chapter thirteen
━━ coronation

      Today was Coronation Day

Today was Coronation Day. It was the day that everything come to an end. All the fights and arguments with their parents to escape the island and rule over the preppy world, all the feelings Eloise has grown along her way of being here, at Auradon Prep, towards Ben and her real parents, knowing that she would have to choose between the bad life with her friends and the person who raised her or the life she has always dreamed off with her biological parents.

       The feeling of it all ending worried Eloise. The feeling of deciding who to choose, who to spend eternity with was daunting to her. She looked in the mirror, her eyes filled with stress before patting down her teal dress with gold flowers embroidered on it, and the more she stared at the dress, the more she noticed how much it reminded her of Rapunzel and Eugene's story.

         The teal reminded her of Eugene's vest he wore as Flynn Rider, and the gold flowers reminded her of the magic, golden flower that made the whole 'fairytale.'

Eloise twisted her fingers between her curled hair, humming the tune of the Incarnation song before smiling slightly. She was glad to have found her real parents, and Eloise was glad Rapunzel and Eugene had found their lost daughter — finally getting the closure they deserved after many years of dark emotions and sad tears.

        "Eloise. . ." Rapunzel's sweet voice broke through into her room before she entered; with Eugene. Eloise smiled when she saw him, curtsying when she did. Eugene didn't know how to react, his brown eyes widened before leaping forwards toward Eloise and taking her into a comforting hug.

"It's you! It's really you?" He was almost questioning the fact Eloise was their daughter. Knowing that she had been taken by Mother Gothel must've been hard for him to believe, knowing that the same thing that happened to Rapunzel also happened to his daughter. "You do not understand how happy I am to finally see you," Announced Eloise as tears began to fall from his eyes, Rapunzel stroking his shoulder to comfort her husband.

        Eugene felt guilty, he felt terrible that they hadn't protected Eloise against Mother Gothel, and because of that, she managed to grab her hands on the sweet girl.

"I have something that belongs to you," Eloise smiled before walking over to her bedside table, her heels clicking against the floor as she did. Her hands searched carefully before pulling out the brown satchel. The blonde girls heard Eugene gasp as he looked down at the satchel, instantly taking it from Eloise's hands.

It was the exact same as the last time he saw it: the patch is in the same place, and the color was still the same without stains or anything. Eugene knew Eloise had taken good care of the satchel when she had it, "How did you get this?" Asked Eugene.

"Mother Gothel stole it when she, well, stole me," Eloise replied.

"I remember this bag. I remember hiding it from you," Chuckled Rapunzel.