4 - Save me

Faye

Two weeks passed since we went to Busan.

Two weeks full of boring days at work, hearing the same questions that drive me crazy. What's freaking new. And now that I am thinking of it, next time I apply for a job, I will write in my resume that no, I am not a team player, and no, am not super friendly.

Besides that, my relationship with Hayun got colder than I expected, especially from my side. I never asked her who that guy was because, to be fully honest, I don't even want to know. It might have been an old friend who visits her when her boyfriend is out of town, which in any case is a bit suspicious.

I try to avoid jumping to conclusions so quickly, but considering her latest "Sorry, I cannot come anymore because of this and that" excuse, I cannot think of anything else but a sneaky link. And again, since I came back, we have not spent much time together.

She did not ask, and I did not ask either.

What surprised me the most was that she was not curious about Hobi's match or what we did there. Or they probably talked about this, and I am crazy, but something doesn't feel right.

As I go home from a tiring day of polite smiles and dull chit-chats, my mood suddenly changes when my phone rings.

"Yes, my sunshine, did you call to save me from getting bored to death?" I answer immediately.

"Only if you can save me too. I just finished my training and did not have the best day, so how about we take a walk. Are you busy?"

"Not at all. I was heading home. Do I have time to go and change, or shall we meet right away?"

"You don't need to change for a walk. Meet me at the bar we drank last time."

And with this, he hangs up. The bar is not far away, so luckily, he does not have to wait for too long for my lazy ass to hurry up.

After thirty minutes, I get there to see a more cheerful Hobi than he described on the phone, dancing in tiny to the music coming from the speakers. He greets me with open arms, and we start walking along the Han river.

I expected him to tell me what happened and give me some details about his day. For some reason, I thought he discussed with Hayun about what was going on. Instead, he focused on my day and how was work.

It's already half-past seven, and the sun is still shining since spring is almost over. Our conversation went from me complaining about my co-workers and the fact that I cannot particularly be myself around them to what we should do during the summer.

Hobi confessed he'd like to visit Thailand, but summertime is quite the tennis season, and he's not sure how much free time he will have. On the other hand, I have no plans at all, except working and becoming one and the same with the sofa.