thirteen - dinner

ISLA'S POV

Austin has been directing me through busy traffic for about 30 minutes to get to his house in Beverly Hills from the office in Los Angeles. I mean, my parents live in Malibu but damn, Beverly Hills? The whole car ride was spent listening to music, singing, and talking about our upcoming week in France. The conversation was accompanied by a kiss or two at stoplights.

As we pull into his driveway, I can't help but admire his incredible home. It's not quite the type of house I'd imagine from him, but it also fits him perfectly. "Wow, Austin, this place is beautiful," I tell him as I park the car.

"Yeah?" he says before giving me a kiss on the cheek, "Not as beautiful as you

"Yeah?" he says before giving me a kiss on the cheek, "Not as beautiful as you."

"Oh my god! You've got to stop, it's too much, Butler." I tease. For real though, it's a little funny.

He squints his eyes, "Oh but you like it, Dempsey." He's not wrong, I do like the cheesy things he says. He hops out of the car and hurries to the driver's side to open my door.

"What a gentleman." I grab his hand and he leads me into the front door. He shows me around his house before we sit facing each other on the couch and he asks me what I want him to make for dinner. I answer with, "I don't know. I'm not too picky. What do you want?"

Before replying, he bites on his lower lip, looking from my eyes to my lips, then back to my eyes. His voice somehow sounds deeper when he scoots himself closer to me and says, "I know what I want."

This catches me off guard, but I know exactly what he means, and I want it too. I want it badly. I move towards him, straddle his lap, and push him down. I bring my lips down to meet his.

***

Austin and I lay on the couch, me catching my breath from the unspeakable things he just did to me. After many minutes of laying there in his arms, I finally stand up. "So what are you making me for dinner?" I sound so innocent, though I'm standing here right now putting my shirt and pants back on.

"Whatever you're hungry for. I just ate," he grins at me, while standing up.

I grab a pillow off the couch and start hitting him with them, "Stop. That. Right. Now!" Each word is separated by a hit from the pillow. My smile spreads across my entire face. His jokes are so dumb but they make me so happy.

"Never," he throws the pillow back at me. "Seriously though, what do you want?"

"Anything." I'm being honest. This man could feed me poison and I'd still eat it.

"You're not very helpful," he jokes while making his way to the kitchen and opening up the fridge. I follow behind him and push myself up to sit on the counter while he cooks for me. Eventually, Austin decides on making some fancy kind of pasta I've never heard of before.

Once it's done, he brings it over to the counter where we eat. After we're finished, I take our bowls and rinse them out in the sink.

"Do you wanna swim?" he asks, sounding like a little kid.

I turn my head towards him, "I don't have a swimsuit, silly."

"Eh. Don't need one." He runs toward me and scoops me up. He dashes toward the pool with me in his arms.

 He dashes toward the pool with me in his arms

"Austin. No. Don't you dare," I warn as he runs with me over his shoulder. He throws me in. "AHHHH!!" The thing is, I'm not even mad at him, but I do want revenge. "Austin, help me out at least," I say once I've caught my breath and finished plotting.

He extends his arm to pull me out as I reach for it. Once I'm holding his hand, I pull as hard as I can, flinging him into the water with me.

"You're evil." He says, splashing me, after coming above the water. "Should've seen it coming." Now I'm laughing like a maniac. Soon, the two of us are splashing each other so much I can't keep my eyes open for more than a few seconds. Eventually, the splashing stops and Austin pulls my body towards his. "Isla," when he says my name, it sounds like a question.

"Yes?" I can tell where this is going, and I'm worried it's too fast.

"Be my girlfriend," it sounds less like a question now and more like a statement. It feels like I'm in high school again, completely intoxicated by him. In this moment, all of my worries have slipped away.

"Yes," I smile and press a delicate kiss on his warm lips.

**********

you are not allowed to say "robbed" bc i will cry and i'm scared to write any smut

love you :)