Chapter 11

"Alright class, since the new term is coming soon, I'd like to make you guys change seats and have new tablemates," our form teacher, Mrs Young spoke. Everyone had mixed reactions to it.

We all stood at the back of the class and waited for Mrs Young to tell our seating arrangement.

The desks were all in pairs, which means we will be sitting with a new partner for the next term. My previous partner was Hoseok and he's pretty nice.

"Mina, you're with Wonho, Jungkook and Jimin... oh wait no, you guys will chatter about in class. Jimin with Shinhye and Jungkook with Dasom..." one by one went to take their respective seats and I became nervous just by looking at the ones left.

Soon, I was left with Jin and Taehyung.

"Right, one of you has to sit alone for the term since our class has an odd number of students," Mrs Young said and looked at the three of us. We three exchanged glances and I was praying so hard that I will not be sitting with that Tae-

"Alright Hyejin and Taehyung please sit there at the back of the class," Mrs Young pointed at our table.

"WHAT?!" We both chorused.
"I can't partner him!" I said.
"I do not want to be tablemates with Hyejin!" Taehyung complained.

"Quiet, children. Go sit. Well as for you Jin, I'm sorry you have to be sitting alone this term," Mrs Young said.

"I'll sit with Jin," I volunteered but Mrs Young glared at me. I sighed and took heavy steps towards my new seat. 3 months being stuck sitting beside Taehyung in class, that's too much.

***
It was break and I finally got my food after the long queuing. I carefully put my tray down and sat beside Mina.

"Ay, you're sitting beside V in class aren't you?" She asked me.
"...Yeah?" I responded.

"Good for you, at least beside him you wouldn't feel bored. If I'm you I'd stare at him all day," she said and I could see hearts in her eyes.

"Have you moved on from Jungkook or what?" I asked her as I stuffed a mouthful of rice in my mouth.

"Anniya... Or maybe? I don't know but there's something about Taehyung that I'm attracted to," she said and bit her bottom lip as she stared at someone behind me.

I turned behind and realised that Taehyung was there eating with Jimin and Jungkook, which was strange because they usually would go around the school finding victims that are not in the canteen, and then beating the poor kid up. Sometimes they'd go to their secret hideout to smoke. However I wasn't sure why they finally decided to have their break eating in the canteen like any other students. Around their table, were just them, and no other kid because many were afraid to eat with them.

People walked past and stole glances at them, also not believing the notorious Taehyung and his two friends were in the canteen.

"I'm going to sit with them! Bye Hyejin!" Mina said and carried her tray as she walked away from me.

"Yah! Mina yah!!" I called her but she ignored me. I turned behind and looked at Mina whom was 3 tables away where Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung were and expected her to be rejected by them.

However, I was kinda shocked because they actually allowed her to sit with them. With that, I spent my break time eating alone.

I kept turning back and looking at them. I thought they were gonna be awkward but I heart burns when I saw them laughing together. What the heck?! Are those just spirits or are they really Taehyung and his friends?

I stood up and returned my tray at the station and stomped out of the canteen.

***

It's Arithmetics and I have to be sitting with Taehyung.

I wished I could separate the table into half but the table's connected for two. I sighed while the restless Taehyung was playing with his pen and he kept clicking his pen.

"Can you stop it?" I said after being really annoyed.

He brought the pen to my face and continued clicking the pen. I rolled my eyes. How typical of Taehyung.

He finally stopped when I ignored him.

"Why's your face so glum?" He asked.
"What? It's not. Shut up and do your work," I said. This kid is really testing my patience.

"Mina left you to sit with us eh?" He asked.
"Yes, you took my bestfriend away and I'm mad at it so can you please not let her sit with you guys again? Thanks."

"You're mad at us for taking your bestfriend away, or are you mad at Mina because you're jealous?" He said and stared at me, waiting for an answer.

I turned to him with a frown. "Michyeoseo?! (Are you crazy?!)" I shouted and the whole class turned, staring at me.

"Yes Ms Lee Hyejin what's going on who's crazy?" Mrs Jung teased.

"Nothing, may I go to the washroom please," I said. She nodded and I rushed out of the class.

I washed my face and stared at myself in the mirror.

Ugghh ottuke... 3 months with that twat. I have to sit with him and deal with his alien behaviour and now I can't listen in class ughhh I'm so done for.

I went back to class and saw Taehyung smirking. I ignored him and sat down.

"Woaah I didn't expect such a big reaction huh," He started annoying me just after I took my seat.

"Shut up okay. I want my bestfriend back," I said.

The lessons continued with Taehyung annoying me - stepping on my foot and zapping me.

I'm so done with this kid.