20 | I wish I could Hate You Too...

I woke up the next morning from the bright light seeping through my window, sending warmth through my face and blinding my eyes. The warmth felt unusually familiar to me; it was a good kind of familiar, I wasn't sure where it was from but I embraced it even more. A faint smile plastered on my lips as I snuggled deeper into my blankets; I could sleep in today and I was taking in every moment to do so. I took a deep breath in of the fresh morning air as I tried to soothe back off to sleep but even with the comforting layers of blankets hugging me, the privilege to sleep in, and the warm rays of sunshine on my face, I was still in discomfort, mainly because of the small pressure I felt on my head. It began to grow worse, almost throbbing and I groaned a little as I realised I was hungover. 

Then everything from last night came flooding back and I remembered why I was hungover.

Holy shit.

I kissed Mason Mount.

My stomach dropped. Any drowsiness or contentment I felt before instantly disappeared from the sheer thought of last night. Why the fuck did I do that? I willingly kissed Mason Mount. I made my lips touch his... and I liked it. I pulled my blankets over my head, feeling my cheeks warm up a little from how embarrassed I felt— or was it because I was blush— no. Ew. Never.

But I did...

And I went for more! I couldn't even use the excuse 'I was drunk'. I was sober enough to make clear decisions and I decided to kiss Mason Mount. And all it took was a stupid compliment about how I supposedly made his night better— heck, he didn't even make it apparent that he was talking about me.

But why did it feel so nice to kiss him? To touch him was one thing, but kissing him felt like a whole other world. It was electrifying, intoxicating and almost addicting. My hand subconsciously touched my lips as though I felt the same tingly sensation I did last night. I didn't know how to explain it, but it drove my body to crave more, to want it to last forever.

Why did I want to feel the softness and warmth of his lips again? Why did I crave for more..? I mean— it's Mason Mount. The name itself makes me shiver but the thought of his lips..

"I shouldn't have kissed him.." I said under my breath as a wave of regret spiked me. I was already having so many problems involving him and I just had to make it worse by kissing him..

I needed to get my mind off him.. I pulled the covers off my body being instantly blinded by the light, making my headache feel 10x worse. I rubbed my bleary eyes and placed my head on my forehead in hopes it would soothe the pain.

Knock knock knock...

My head snapped to the sound of someone knocking at my front door. Fuck. What if it's Mason? The thought of his lips crossed my mind again and I pressed my lips together to stop the tingling sensation. I was frozen on my bed, terrified of who was behind that door. My heart began to race and butterflies were fluttering around in my stomach. Maybe if I stay quiet he'll think I'm not home, then I won't have to face him... yeah..

Knock knock knock...

My body tensed up like a brick and I tightened my grip on my bedsheets. That plan obviously didn't work..Finding the courage to stand up, I steadily made my way out of my bedroom. I stood nervous in front of the door silently wishing I had those peek holes to see who it was on the other side. I prayed it wasn't Mason. I wouldn't know how to face him if it was— or how I would feel! What if he's here because he thought it meant something? Or worse— What if he's here to tell me he regretted it? What if—

"Fuck sake sis can you open the door, please!?" A wave of relief flushed over me as I heard my brother scream from the other side of the door. I opened the door to my brother staring at me with an unamused look.