14. "Are you jealous?"

Chapter Fourteen

Elena's POV

"Not again..." I uttered with dismay, "I don't want to share a room with you, especially a bed."

"Believe me, I feel the same. You deprived me of my sleep the last time, by rolling to my side. I also need my privacy, I brought some work to do," he frowned, looking upset at the idea of us being forced into an undesirable situation, "but we have no choice. The Changlis are our close family friends, especially Kimberly. She's my mom's best friend."

"So, aside from sharing a room, what are you suggesting... act like we're super in love with each other?"

"Exactly. We're honeymooners, so we'll act like one."

"Hmm... I don't feel like doing this," I gave him a hostile look, "I know you'll take advantage of the situation."

"Me?" he laughed aloud, a sarcastic one, "seriously? You were the one who took advantage of me the last time we were in bed together."

"I did not! I was asleep," I grabbed a throw pillow and aimed at him, "I don't like you, Mr. Adonis Stavrakos, so stop imagining things."

"Well, the feeling is mutual," he picked the pillow on the floor and put it back on the couch, "let's get this thing done with the Changlis, afterwards, get out of each other's hair. Deal?" he extended his hand.

Seemed like I had no choice but to comply. I shook his hand, "deal."

"I'll take you shopping now. I know that's your most favorite thing to do," he said, and I felt offended because it was not true. There are more things I would like to do other than shopping - like going for a walk in a new location, trying different kinds of cuisine in a night market, go to a free event with free food, and other things.

BUT-

I can't blame him for thinking that I'm a spoiled brat who only thinks of shopping, because that's the only thing he knew about me. In the plane, he kept on asking personal things, but I refused to answer.

Getting close and personal is something I avoided. It will only ruin my plan. I'm trapped into this marriage, and my mission is to get out of it, as soon as I can.

But for now, I'll play along with him.

"Sure! Shopping is life."

We went to The Shoppes of Marina Bay Sands, which was just inside the hotel we were staying.

First stop. We went to Tiffany and Co.

"What are we doing here?" I whispered to Adonis. I felt intimidated by the man in black suit, who greeted us.

"You don't have an engagement ring, so I'm buying you one."

"Do I need to?"

"Of course. You're my wife. The Changlis will wonder why you're not wearing one," he said, then we followed the salesperson to a counter full of engagement rings.

Adonis picked a 24-carat princess cut diamond ring. It looked so beautiful on my finger beside the wedding band.

"I can't take this," I complained, and made Adonis wonder.

"Okay, we'll take the bigger one," he signaled to the salesperson briefly, "but I assure you this one looks good on your hand."

My lips twisted nastily, so he thought I was a materialistic airhead, who only thought of getting the most expensive ones.

"I can't wear this, it's too expensive. I might lose it."

"You won't lose it if you're careful," he turned to the salesperson and gave his credit card.