Open ended pt2 S.J

Third POV
Y/N hearing the both of them bicker woke up from her sleep and stared at them. Both of them oblivious to the conscious girl on the bed and continued talking. Y/N heard the end of the conversation and when Scarlett couldn't give Elizabeth an answer, she turned away alerting them she was awake.

"Y/N." // "Darling." Both of them went to check on her but she refused to meet their faces. Instead, she dodged them by heading to the bathroom knowing she'll have to change with the heavy flow she has.

Y/N tried tuning them out but it was tough when she had tears streaming down her face. She heard Scarlett's phone ring and when she exited, sure enough, Scarlett had left the room, nowhere to be seen.

Lizzie saw her devastated face and tried to make an excuse for Scarlett. "She had to go back to set. The director called."

Y/N didn't know if it was her hormones doing the job or her heart but she felt she was just an empty shell. She nodded her head and buzzed for the nurse to enter to get discharged since she was no longer feeling any pain.

The drive back was silent and Lizzie was scared at the emotionless face Y/N was portraying. "Just give her a chance to explain, Y/N. I'm sure everything will be fine." Y/N didn't even give an answer as she walked into her house, leaving Lizzie behind in her car.

Lizzie texted Scarlett that she had dropped Y/N back at her house and the situation they were in. Scarlett thanked Lizzie for doing all of this but still wasn't able to give her an answer to her question. Lizzie could only tell Scarlett to hurry up and fix it as she wasn't sure how long Y/N would be willing to stay.

Once Y/N entered the house, her body automatically went to her room to curl up like earlier. Except, it wasn't due to the pain from her cramps but from her heart. Her mind went back to the fight they were in earlier.

Perhaps it was too tough to be living with her and Scarlett went to find someone else that she felt right with.

She sighed when she heard the door open indicating Scarlett had come back from wherever she had to go.

"Who was he?" Y/N spoke before Scarlett was able to say anything. Scarlett was expecting she would have to be the one doing one sided talking. "Was he someone you were seeing?" Y/N said as she avoided Scarlett's eyes.

"So when you were in those meetings, what were you doing?" Y/N said as she started to tear up, scared of the answer she was going to receive.

"WHY ARE NOT NOT ANSWERING!!!" She could no longer stand the silence she was suffering as Scarlett just stared at her. "Were you not expecting me to find out?"

Scarlett's eyes widened when she realised what Y/N was getting at. "No! Wait here. I'll be back in an hour. Don't go anywhere. I'll come back." She started taking her phone and pressing frantically on her screen before bringing it up to her ear.

Y/N wouldn't have gone anywhere because she was too tired to move.

But instead, Scarlett was moving about, fueled by the intention of correcting the misunderstanding she had created. Daniel wasn't someone she was pursuing, he was genuinely her friend and this was mutual between both of them.

The reason why Scarlett has been seeing Daniel so often was because she was preparing for the proposal. Not wanting to delay any longer and having scenes to shoot at the same time, she has no other choice than to meet him late at night after shooting.

They were discussing the venue, the decoration and how she was going to execute it and Daniel can see it on Scarlett's face how much she loves you. Every moment Scarlett was comparing choices thinking which you preferred and honestly, he was only there to help narrow down the choices otherwise, she would have never made any progress.

Once she was done gathering everything she rushed back to the house where she found you in the same position as earlier.

"Y/N, come on. I have something to show you." She tried to urge Y/N to get out of her bed and it wasn't working so she ended up having to drag her out.

In the kitchen was a lovely set of candlelight dinners. With takeaway on both ends and wine filled glass. The lights were dimmed to set the atmosphere and Scarlett brought Y/N to her seat who was still dragging her feet.

"I was only meeting Daniel to set this up. Originally, my plan was to bring you on a date to your favourite restaurant. Rent out the place to have our friends and family around when I propose to you. But we can do it here too." Scarlett took a breath and before she allowed Y/N to react, she continued.

"I had takeaway from your favourite restaurant and their dessert is in the freezer. The year of the wine is when we first met..."

"I know what I did in the morning was wrong. You're not insufferable. In fact, you're the best to be around. You always take care of me, of the house. I enjoy the little things we do together or even if we are doing nothing but just sitting next to each other. I really wish to be able to do it with you forever. Y/N, will you marry me?" Scarlett knelt down on one knee and opened a red velvet box in front of Y/N.

"I'm sorry." Scarlett widened her eyes at the apology thinking she fucked everything up, that she lost the chance of being with the love of her life.

"I'm sorry for misunderstanding and lashing out at you. Do you want to try this again at the place you originally planned so you don't waste your effort?" Y/N said to give Scarlett a peace of mind.

She shook her head. "I want to have an answer now. If you want, we can do it again. But I want your answer now." She looked expectantly at Y/N waiting for a hopeful reply.

"I'll marry you, Scarlett. I can't imagine myself with anyone else." Scarlett grinned widely and stood up at the answer and gently slid the ring at her finger.

"I love you."

"I love you too. Can you imagine when we tell this story to our kids in the future? What kind of proposal is this?" Y/N giggled before planning a kiss on Scarlett's cheeks.

"Just tell Lizzie everything is okay. Otherwise, she's going to have my head the next time I see her and you'll not have a fiancé."

Y/N giggled and pulled out her phone. "Let's FaceTime her now."

Written on 7 Aug 2022
Posted on 8 Aug 2022

Idea partly by CalixtoWho 
And request of proposal by many :)