TWO.

T W O

T W O .

BAHRAIN GP.

The brunette had walked the track, not taking notice of all the eyes on her. She'd started at the early hours of 8am, still pacing around the track until it was the dark hours of the day. Most of the staff had gone home, leaving her seemingly alone for the race tomorrow. Her legs were walking on muscle memory, her brain trying to calculate all the possible speeds and breaks, and overtake areas that could benefit not only her; but her teammate Max.

Amelia breathed in, feeling the air around her, picturing the atmosphere for tomorrow. It was different from her usual races, she was in formula one. Her breathing was calm, yet her hands were at a steady shaking by her sides.

"Talk to me dad," her head lifted back, eyes trailed on the stary sky, she held her necklace in her sweaty hands and rubbed it back and forth. Her good luck charm. Her father had given it to her when she was a small child, one of the last gifts he'd ever given her, it was a small bird charm, with diamonds lighting up the eyes. She reopened her eyes, letting go of the necklace with a shake of her head, then carried on walking the track.

It was late, later than she'd planned to be out anyway. The red flashing from her dashboard lighting up an 11:28, perhaps it should of made her laugh. 28 being her racing number, 11 being her fathers lucky number. It should of made her at least crack a smile, yet her face remained neutral, instead starting up her car with a smack on the wheel.

When the newest signing of Red Bull returned back to the hotel, she was met with a pacing Max Verstappen outside her door. His body language was strong, his shoulders broad and straight, not relaxed in the slightest. She slowed her pace down when she saw him, softening her footsteps.

As she walked closer towards him, her plan in attempting to get past without the Dutchman seeing her was getting more likely. Her luck was futile when Max turned around to begin pacing again, instead his eyes widened as he stumbled back a bit, taken back from the sudden appearance of the girl.

"Where have you been? You missed the briefing," Max asked the younger girl in front of him, squaring his shoulders to make himself seem more intimidating to the girl.

"I've been here all day, you didn't see me?" Her question was more rhetorical than Max would of liked, her trying to make him seem like more of a fool than he was.

"Don't do that, I had to cover for you," he grabbed her arm as she went to walk into her room, making her turn back towards him, "it's your first race weekend in F1, that meeting was for you. It was so you could get to know everyone, familiarise yourself, and then you didn't show up."

"I'll meet them tomorrow, besides, we have media tomorrow, do we not?" Max nodded at her question, releasing her arm slowly, "I'll see you out there for that, Max." Max once again nodded at the girl, her nonchalant attitude making him shake his head.

Once she had shut the door in his face, Max began to walk back to his room, passing a smile from the blond Schumacher.