Chapter Six: The Return

~.~.~Y/n's POV~.~.~
•Parts 7-10•

There I was, sitting in my bedroom at the Diggory's, staring at my barely empty trunk which I should have just started packing a few days ago. Since the World Cup, I've been scared of the thought of going back to school, knowing people will know what happened during the World Cup, that Y/n Lestrange, the school outcast is wanted by the death eaters.

The few things that were sitting in my trunk mainly consisted of what I didn't remove at the end of the last term. Such as my school shoes and day bag.

And here I am, the day before I'm expected to go back to school with a smile. I know it's going to be the hardest school year yet, considering the events of the World Cup and that Y/n is going into her fifth year, her OWL year.

There was suddenly a faint knock at my door.

"Come in." I said, the door opened to reveal my best friend, Cedric Diggory. He was wearing a pair of joggers and a t-shirt, his brown hair messy as though he just got out of bed. Even though it's 5:00pm.

"Y/n? Why aren't you packed yet? We leave in the morning." He asked, taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

"I don't want to go back to school." I whispered sadly.

"Why not?" Cedric asked sincerely, giving me a warm yet small smile.

"I don't want the world to see me." I muttered.

"Why not?"

"Cause I don't think that they'd understand, with all the rumours and what happened to me at the World Cup, the whole school is bound to know!" Y/n said, fear laced in her voice.

"Y/n, it's going to be okay you have me. I'll always be there for you." Cedric smiled warmly at me.

"What if I'll be alone when we go back, like when you want to be with your other friends, no one else will wanted to be my friend." Y/n ranted, lowering her head into her hands with shame.

"You'll never be alone." Cedric said. "I'll be with you from dusk till dawn. Y/n, you know I'm right here for you."

"I know Ced, but you're the what above me, which means that we're in all different classes. So I'd be alone in lessons." I sadly said

"Trust me Y/n, you'll be perfectly fine this year." He said reassuringly.

"Thank you Cedric." I smiled. "I should probably get packing, I clearly still have lots to do."

"Do you want me to help?" He offered.

"No it's fine. You still have things to do." I replied.

"How do you know that?" Cedric smirked, cocking an eyebrow at me.

"You are Cedric Diggory, there's always something you have to do." I replied in a cocky tone.

"That may be true, but I'll always make time to help you. You're my best friend and basically my sister."

"Well thank you very much, but I'll be okay."

"If you're not mostly packed after dinner, then I'm going to help, and you can't complain." Cedric said.

"You sound like a dad." I laughed. "Not like my dad though, he's in Azkaban and would never do that."