🐢147🐢

No one's POV

Siwon knows that Heechul usually didn't celebrate his birthday - it was a reminder of getting old - but now he has a family who doesn't care if he finds a grey hair or if he has a tiny wrinkle on his forehead.

That's why Siwon gets up earlier and takes Yesung out of the crib. They will prepare a breakfast together. Siwon's plan is simple, but Yesung isn't too silent to avoid waking his mommy up. Heechul is awake, but he pretends he is fast asleep to not ruin their surprise. Of course he knows about the cupcakes with bananas and caramel Siwon bought in his favorite bakery and hid in the fridge.

Siwon sits Yesung down in the highchair to have free hands during cooking. Yesung is quite sleepy, his head is lolling from one side to another while his daddy cooks. Siwon is whisking a few eggs to make an omelet with slices of mushrooms, red and green bell paprika and ham. He also put one cupcake on a plate and carefully placed a candle inside. Everything is ready in a while and Siwon grabs the tray with breakfast and his sleepy little. He is slowly making his way upstairs and Heechul is getting ready to fake a perfect awakening.

Siwon opens the door and put Yesung down. Heechul slowly opened his eyes and blinks a few times before sleepily smiling at his family. The little runs to his mommy and climbs on the bed before plopping down in Heechul's lap. Heechul wraps one arm around him and rubs his cheek against Yesung's chubby cheek.

Siwon places the tray in front of Heechul and kisses him on lips.

"Happy birthday."

Heechul kisses Siwon back and takes a sip of the coffee - Siwon makes the best coffee - and Yesung is already shoving a gift in his face.

"Yesung. Remember what I said: Gifts after breakfast."

Heechul laughs and puts the box aside. He is quite hungry and the omelet looks too good to be let get cold. Heechul is eating the omelet while Siwon hands a bottle of milk to Yesung. Yesung is sucking on the bottle while huffing and curling his socked toes. He is eyeing the cupcake and watches how mommy eats the omelet. He really wants a bite of the cupcake, or at least lick the icing. Siwon catches him staring and frowns.

"Yesung! Don't beg."

Yesung looks innocent as ever and Heechul grins.

"Mommy can't eat such a big cupcake, do you want to help me?"

Yesung immediately lets go of the bottle and opens his mouth. He takes a big bite and smears the sweet icing on his face. Heechul finishes his omelet and then grabs one gift.

Yesung's doodles are decorating the paper with his messily written name.

"Do you want to help me?"

Yesung is tearing the paper off and he is so happy that Siwon doesn't mind the time he spent carefully wrapping the gifts.

"Perfect!"

Inside is just a candle with cherry scent, but Yesung chose it. Siwon took him in a mall and Yesung bought whatever he wanted. They can afford anything they want so the gifts aren't necessities. Heechul puts the candle on the nightstand and takes the second gift. This one is from Siwon who was a bit sentimental.

Heechul laughs when he unwraps a silver frame with their picture. It is a picture of them on a beach when they got up very early to see the sunrise. They are sitting on a bench with Yesung squished between them and he has half-asleep expression. He kisses Siwon's cheeks and strokes Yesung's hair.

"Thank you for such nice surprise."