XVII. War Is Over

Seventeen

Seventeen.        War Is Over

                The RV was as quiet as the still grey moon

The RV was as quiet as the still grey moon. It seem to hit the teenagers of hurt Hawkins that they were in fact doing this. Facing death head on like it wasn't that serious. (Like this was child's play.)

Max, Lucas, and Erica were dropped off at the Creel House.

Vera didn't enjoy the fact that no adult, more so, older teen, would be with them—But that's just how the plan played out. Max promised they'd be okay. Vera didn't believe that in the slightest, but she gave the ginger a smile and hug despite her own thoughts.

Steve carried everyone else into Forrest Hills, and by the time they had arrived (in mere silence) night had fallen. The chill was there. Vera felt sick to her core. This was it.

They were saying hello to death.

"Okay," Nancy's voice was steady. "I want to run through the plan one more time." All eyes fell on the girl in charge. "Phase one."

Robin went. "We meet Erica at the playground. She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready."

"Phase two."

Steve's eyes fell on Vera, her gaze was locked on her dirty shoes. "Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her, which'll put him in his trance."

"Phase three?"

"Me and Eddie draw the bats away." Dustin was easy with his words, quick. Eddie smiled gently, proud to be at Dustin's side. He shook the boys head a little. Dustin smiles.

"Four," Nancy's eyes met Vera's.

The girl sighed before she spoke. Steve rubbed her back gently. "Steve and I wait at the playground for anything else, or if Erica signals something else."

"Five."

Vera went again. "You and Robin then head into the Creel House, where Vecna is, and with no bats. Then you guys blow the thing up."

Nancy nodded. "Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?"

"Got it." They all said in different tones, and with that they were all on the move.