𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝗈

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔    /    𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝗈❛ is this

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 / 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝗈
❛ is this...? ❜

RILEY WAS READY to start fresh, especially after last night. She decided to call it a fork in the road and move on, at least to the best of her ability.

When she woke up that morning, she cleared her head and pushed it aside. Today was the first day of her senior year and the first day of school since before her and Jordan's brutally messy break up. She needed to look on top of the world, like she couldn't be happier.

She chose a pair of baggy ripped jeans and a white lace shirt to pair with her curled hair. She figured just because her life was messy didn't mean she had to be.

"You're wearing that?" Asher asks his sister as she grabs and apple off the counter.

"First of all, rude. And second of all, there's nothing wrong with it. Just jeans and a shirt." She looks down at her outfit.

"That's almost see through." Asher reminded her.

Riley rolls her eyes as she grabs her car keys and turned over her shoulder. "It's lace."

"Still!"

Riley rolls her eyes and grabs her bag, throwing it over her shoulder. "Sit there and complain all you want, but this Uber is leaving, with or without you."

Asher rolls his eyes and stuffs his face with his last few spoonfuls of cereal and follows her out.

After their car ride, Riley takes a deep breath after turning her key in the ignition of her car. She looks up at Beverly like she's never seen it, and yet she had been to this school more times than she could count.

Walking into the school, Riley could feel everyone's eyes burning holes into her. She knew disappearing off the grid wasn't the best choice last year but she simply couldn't show her face, and now everyone was seeing her again for the first time.

"Well, well, well. Look who we have—" JJ calls out and approaches Riley at her locker, but stops himself when she turned around. He's at a loss of words when he sees her completely "—here."

Riley laughs and turns to her locker. "Smooth."

"Sorry, but you look...hot."

"I'm flattered, really."

JJ leans on the locker beside hers. "Good, but what's the occasion?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, what are you dressed up? Does it have anything to do with—"

"No." Riley says before he can finish his sentence. "I just wanted to make a good impression." Riley closes her locker and JJ walks down the hallway beside her. "After disappearing off the gird all summer and the last two weeks of school, I wanted people to know that I'm fine. In fact, I'm more than fine."