chapter two - last day of school

At school, Maddie, her twin brother and their friends, Eddie Kaspbrak and Richie Tozier, walked out of a classroom

At school, Maddie, her twin brother and their friends, Eddie Kaspbrak and Richie Tozier, walked out of a classroom. "So, there's this church full of Jews, right? And Stan has to take this super Jewy test." Eddie asked. "But how's does it work?" Maddie asked.

"They slice the tip of his dick off." Eddie told her and Richie said, "But then Stan will have nothing left!" "God that's disgusting. "Behind them, Stanley Uris walked out of a classroom and run up to the four. "That's true." Eddie told Maddie. Stan ran up to them saying, "Wait up, you guys!"

Bill asked Stan, "Hey, Stan, what happens at the Bar Mitzvah, anyways? Ed says they slice the tip of your d-dick off." "Yeah, and I think the rabbi's gonna pull down your pants, turn to the crowd and say "Where's the beef?" The five of them laugh at Richie's comment. "At the Bar Mitzvah, I read from the Torah, and then I make a speech and suddenly, I become a man." Stan told them.

Eddie said, "I could think of funner ways to become a man." "More fun" you mean." Stan told them. "Oh, shit." Richie said as the five walked past Henry Bowers and his minions: Reginald "Belch" Huggins, Vic Criss, and Patrick Hockstetter.

Henry stood there with his arms folded, Belch and Patrick smile malevolently at them, and Vic merely gives them a threatening stare. "Think they'll sign my yearbook? "Dear Richie, sorry for taking a hot, steaming dump in your backpack last March. Have a good summer." Richie said and they went down the stairs. A teenage girl, Greta Keene bumped into Maddie, then heading into the girl's bathroom.

Outside, Maddie, Bill, Eddie, Richie and Stan dumped their notebooks and school things in the trash. "Best feeling ever." Stan told them. "Yeah? Try tickling your pickle for the first time." Richie said and Eddie said to the four, "Hey, what do you guys wanna do tomorrow?"

Richie told him, "I start my training." "Wait, what training?" Eddie asked. "Street Fighter." lIs that how you wanna spend your summer? Inside of an arcade?" Maddie asked after Richie's comment. "Beats spending it inside of Eddie's mother." Richie said and does a thumbs-down as he said, "Oh!"

Stanley lowered Richie's arm saying, "What if we go to the quarry?" "Guys, we have the Barrens." Bill told them and Maddie nodded. "Right..." Stan said and Eddie saw a woman, "Betty Ripsom's mom." The rest of them turned to look at Mrs. Ripsom, standing next to a police officer, with Sheriff Bowers, Henry's dad, a few feet away.

"Is she really expecting to see her come out of that school?" Stan asked and Eddie replied, "I don't know. As if Betty Ripsom's been hiding at Home Ec. for the last few weeks." "You think they'll actually find her?" Stan asked. "Sure. In a ditch. All decomposed, covered in worms and maggots. Smelling like Eddie's mom's underwear." Richie said.

"Shut up! That's freaking disgusting." Eddie told him and Maddie said, "She's not dead. She's missing." But she didn't really mean Betty. "Sorry, Maddie. Sorry, Bill. She's missing. You know the Barrens aren't that bad. Who doesn't love splashing around in shitty water?" Richie told them.

Patrick walked out behind them; without warning, Henry grabbed Richie and pushed him into Stan, knocking them both to the ground. Stan's hat fell off and Patrick picked it up. "Nice Frisbee, flamer." Patrick said. "Give it back!" Stan said and Patrick laughed evilly, throwing it through the window of a passing school bus.

Patrick said, "Fucking losers!" Belch burped at Eddie and Henry bumped into Bill and Maddie as he and his friends walked away. "Loser." Henry said. Bill stuttered angrily, "You suck, Bowers!"
Eddie knew better than to pick a fight with Henry Bowers, "Shut up, Bill."

Henry, Belch, and Patrick turned around. Henry mocked Bill saying, "You s-s-s-say something, Bi-Bi-Bi-Billy? You and your freak of a sister got a free ride this year 'cause of your little brother. Ride's over, Denbrough." Henry looked to his father, who took off his glasses and looked at his son with a stern facial expression that says "Leave them alone, son."

"This summer's gonna be a hurt train for you, your sister and your faggot friends." Henry ran his hand along his tongue and wiped it on Bill's cheek. Then Henry, Belch, and Patrick walked off to Belch's car, where Vic is waiting, and the four of them get in the car. "I wish he'd go missing." Richie said and Eddie told them, "He's probably the one doing it."

"Oh crap! I forgot my book in my locker. Can you wait for me?" Maddie asked her brother and friends. "Sure, Mad." Bill told her and Maddie tan off to grab her book. Once Maddie got it she began to run back to her brother and friends. Maddie saw a chubby student getting his bike while holding a display of a historic sight of Derry.

Maddie was behind him, trying to get out. "You gonna let me go by? Or is there a secret password or something?" Maddie asked. "Oh. Um, sorry." He said to her. "Sorry's not the..." He dropped his display and bent down to pick it up. "Password." His bike then fell over.

Maddie helped him pick up his display pieces. She gave them back to him. "Henry and his goons are over by the west entrance. So you should be fine." "Oh, I wasn't..." He began to say but she interrupted him, "Everyone knows he's looking for you..." The kid nodded at her.

"What you listening to?" Maddie asked and walked up to Ben and took his headphones off and put them up to her ears. She heard what sounds like pop music and smiled with utmost amusement as she took them off. "New Kids on the Block." She said.

"I don't even like them. I was just..." He said to her but she then said to him, "Wait. You're the new kid, right? Now I get it." "There's nothing to get." He replied and Maddie told him, "I'm just messing with you." She put his headphones back on his head. The kid reached up to try and put them on the right way again.

"I'm Madelyn Denbrough, call me Maddie." He said to her, "Yeah, I know that 'cause we're in the same class. Social Studies. And you were... I'm Ben. But pretty much everybody just calls me..." "The New Kid. Well, Ben, there are worse things to be called. Trust me." Maddie said and saw his yearbook.

"Hey, let me sign this." Maddie took Ben's yearbook out of his backpack and wrote her name in it using her right hand. "Maddie Denbrough <3 <3" It had her number as well. "I put my number on there if you want to hang out. You could hang with me, my brother and our friends." Maddie said and handed his yearbook back. "Stay cool, New Kid." She began to walk away while looking at Ben with a beautiful smile. "Uh, yeah. You too, Maddie."

"Hang tough, New Kid on the Block." Maddie said and began walking off. Ben laughed and said, "Please Don't Go, Girl." That's the name of another New Kids on the Block song." He walked off while dragging his headphones along behind him. Maddie then found her brother, W-w-where were you, Mad?" "I just met the new kid. Needed some help and I signed his yearbook." Maddie said. Bill nodded knowing how kind his sister was, even to someone she hasn't met. "Cool." He said and the twins rode their bikes with their friends, but heading back to their house.