Chapter 1

SEASON 1

Hawkins 1982
EDDIE'S POV
I was sitting down, in a bench, near the school, smoking with Val. We decided to smoke before entering to the first day of our sophomore year. "School it's torture for kids if you think about it" I said

Val just furrowed her eyebrows.

"I'm serious"

Val was throwing her cigarette away as I said that. "There's nothing we can do Edds, and it's not like we're going to learn something this year"

I chuckled

"Another year of hell. Can't wait"

I wanted to cheer Val at the moment but she was right. We're picked on, although she fights back but we still get picked on at the end of the day. We're the freaks for them. "we'll be together though"

A smile appeared in her face. "dude, your actually right." as she rest her head in my shoulder

"yeah, thanks to the counselor. I'm actually glad that we have all of our classes together"

The bell rang

Val started to get up. "Time to go guy,"

"let's stay here for a bit"

she pretended to punch me. "as your friend, I would accept, as your best friend I won't. Eddie Munson I'll leave you"

Val always knew how to convince me. After all she is my best friend. She's been the only friend who's still there. She can fit easily with the popular jerks, but she'd rather kill her self before having lunch with them. She's that friend who stands up for me, and is there for me ALWAYS. Sometimes I feel it's us against the world. Everyone thinks we're a couple because we're around each other all the time but I could never like her like that. We just get along better. We're always in our little world which only involves trying not to fail, listening to metal and getting high. "you're a terrible best friend, you know that"

She sighed "whatever you say" as she gave me her hand so I could stand up

"you're buying the beer"

"don't I always?"

I chucked. I tried saying something, but she was right. She always ends up buying the beer.

She stood there smirking. My silence was her way to know that she was right. She annoyingly always is. "let's just get by today"

I nodded. As we were getting close to the door, I decided to open it, hold it, and wait for her to enter first.

"I'm buying the beers later, no need to be a gentleman Eddie"

I pretend to get shot in the heart. "I'm always a gentleman Val,"

she chuckled at my response. "I can't deny that Munson" she said as she rolled her eyes which caused me to chuckle

*THEY GET TO CLASS*

"Eddie, Val, you're late" our teacher said