𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚. to be grateful

"Gojo, I'm surprised you're still alive" a woman with bags visible under her eyes casually commented and turned her swivel chair to face her former high school classmate and friend. Shoko Ieiri, the school's doctor looked at him with a stoic face.

"Why are you all like this to me!"

Y/N shook her head, there he goes being dramatic again. Shoko ignored his remark and turned her attention to Y/N. She smirked and stood up, extending a hand to her.

"Welcome Gojo Y/N, finally I have an assistant"

Y/N took her hands and smiled. "I look forward to learn more from you Shoko-san"

"Hmm" she hummed in response.

"She's really a bad teacher tho" Satoru commented and Y/N scoffed.

"I'll pretend you are a good teacher yourself"

"Y/NNN!"

"Hahaha!" The two turned their attention to the school doctor.

"Oh I never had a good laugh like this in a while, I like you already Y/N"

"Well, I should leave you here now I still have a trip to go!" Satoru waved goodbye and passed by the doctor and before exiting the clinic he pat the woman's shoulder and said, "Shoko, I'm trusting my cousin to you"

━━━━━━━━━━━

Weeks passed and they were constantly being assigned missions, as Yaga instructed, Y/N had to take more missions than the others, thus, she even now takes solo missions, through these tasks she was able to learn more how to utilize her techniques, now making her fully heal someone and even herself with her reverse cursed technique. She was satisfied with her improvements, and more because Naoya or her parents have not bothered her for a while. Indeed, this was the best time to take a break from exhausting missions and family issues.

It has been three hours since Y/N is in the clinic, assisting Shoko, since no one really got injured and she wasn't called for a mission today since she has been constantly going to missions alone this week, Shoko made her help with the paper works. Fushiguro, Itadori and Kugisaki on the other hand were currently busy with their mission.

It was break time, Shoko and Y/N casually talked about school stuff and their techniques, Shoko offered her coffee, a staple for someone who works overtime to keep one's brain awake, Y/N thanked her and was about to take a sip on her cup when suddenly the door burst open revealing Ijichi carrying a very familiar person in his arms followed by two others.

"Shoko-san! Itadori—" he wasn't able to continue speaking because Y/N suddenly rushed towards them, Shoko then followed to check Itadori.

"I'll take care of him" Shoko said. "Y/N you tend to the others"

"Megumi! Kugisaki!"

"I'm fine Y/N, Fushiguro's more beaten up" Kugisaki said, Y/N nodded and immediately helped Megumi walk. She assisted him and brought him to the infirmary's bed and made him lay down there.

"Megumi, what the heck happened?" she muttered, already panicking inside but still trying her best to keep calm while checking his vital signs. Megumi can barely open his eyes the moment he laid down, he was just so beaten up and exhausted, blood trickling down his head, pain all over his body, his vision blurry, but can still recognize the person who's tending to his injuries.

"Y/N..." he tried to speak, his voice lower than a whisper, suddenly a faint glow of light appeared, it lasted for about a minute and he felt really drowsy, making him finally fall asleep.

After using reverse cursed technique on her childhood friend, Y/N sighed in relief when he was now looking more peaceful and stable, the pain on his face slowly fading away as he fell asleep. Y/N never felt this worried for a long time, she knows Megumi is strong but seeing him in that state still made her feel scared, scared that she might lose someone dear to her again.