~18~

Scott POV-

He grinned as Jimmy ran up to him. "You excited to watch Lizzie and Joel in the play?" Scott asked curiously. The last lesson of the day had just ended, and it was Thursday, the day that Lizzie and Joel's play- 'Romeo and Juliet'- was being held in the school's Drama Theatre, and it was due to start in about an hour.

"Definitely. You should see how much Lizzie's been practicing, it's absolutely crazy." Jimmy declared with a laugh. "I'm looking forward to seeing the actual performance."

"Joel's been pretty serious about practicing his lines from what I've seen, even though I'm pretty sure he originally joined the play to impress Lizzie." Scott reasoned.

"That's because he's a massive simp." Jimmy muttered before brightening slightly. "Oh, by the way, blueberry, you left your homework at my place." The dark blonde produced a few pieces of paper from his bag- namely, Scott's hastily finished Maths homework- and handed it to the cyan haired boy with a laugh.

"Thanks." Scott said, smiling slightly at the use of the nickname. Although a few weeks ago the word 'blueberry' might have been an insult, it had now become a term of endearment- in the same way that some people called their partners 'love' or 'sweetheart', Jimmy called Scott 'blueberry'. It was another individual and unique thing that made him love the dark blonde boy even more. "So... what now? We don't have to be at the Drama Theatre for another hour."

"There's a little park down the street from here, we can go there. If you want to, that is." Jimmy added hastily.

"That sounds great." Scott said gently, carefully stuffing his Maths homework into his locker before slamming the door shut. "Let's go."

——

The park in question was a small, quiet field with a few benches scattered around and a small lake in the middle.

Scott glanced around with wide eyes. "This place is great. How did I not know this was here?" He muttered quietly.

"Most people don't know about it." Jimmy admitted with a fond smile. "Me and Lizzie  used to sneak out and come here all the time as little kids- I'm not sure if our parents knew or not. Then again, I'm guessing they didn't, because my dad would've been furious."

His smiled faded slightly. "I don't think my mum would've minded though." He paused, shaking his head before smiling even more brightly than before. "The best time to come here is during spring- you always see adorable little baby animals- I saw a baby deer once- what're they called? A fawn? And I remember that Lizzie tried to catch one of the fish in the lake once and fell in." Jimmy laughed at the memory. He looks so happy here. Scott thought to himself.

"It sounds like you really like this place." That was all Scott could really say.

"I do. Haven't been here for a while though. But anyway- the best bench to sit on is this one, because there's always birds hopping around on that one and I don't want to bother them, and I'm pretty sure there's a fox den a few feet behind that one." Jimmy paused thoughtfully. "Again, haven't been here for a while, so I might be wrong."

"It's fine." Scott reassured him, sitting down on the first bench that Jimmy had gestured to and laughing as Jimmy hurried to sit next to him. "Oo, poppies!" He exclaimed, glancing at a small bunch of the red flowers that was growing at the base of the bench.

"Like the badge!" Jimmy exclaimed, pointing the badge Scott had painted him, which was pinned to the dark blonde's shirt.

"You're still wearing that? It's so messy, and it's a total art fail." Scott admitted awkwardly. "I can make another one if you want-"

"Heck no! This is my 'total art fail', thank you very much. And yes, I am still wearing it. I've worn it every day since you gave it to me."Jimmy added awkwardly, his face going almost as red as the flowers they had just been discussing.

"Oh. Well, I'm glad you liked it." Scott said with a smile.

——

Scott sat down in front of the makeshift stage that the school had put together for the play, Jimmy swiftly sitting down next to him.

They were soon joined by FWhip (who was there to support Gem, who had been casted as Lady Capulet in the play- Scott wasn't going to pretend he knew who that was, or knew anything about the play) as well as Shelby and Katherine.

As the play started, Scott barely payed much attention to what the actors were actually saying, only listening to lines he had heard his friends practicing. Some other people he recognised who had auditioned were Pixl (who was playing Mercutio) and Joey (who had auditioned for the role of Tybalt and had been assigned Benvolio), as well as, obviously, Lizzie as Juliet and Joel as Romeo.

Joel's really been practicing, wow. Instead of sounding like he was being forced to read words from a piece of paper, Scott's brunette friend was reciting his lines with emotion and character, as well as dramatic gestures. And Lizzie was just as enthusiastic as ever, performing all of her lines beautifully.

As annoyed as he had been with Gem recently (because she lied about Jimmy having a boyfriend), he had to admit that the ginger haired girl was an incredible actor as well (although not quite as good as Lizzie, in Scott's opinion).

He zoned out here and there, partially when his gaze drifted to Jimmy (who was watching his sister with a bright expression) and partially when he was keeping an eye on of Xornoth out of the corner of his eye- it would be just like his brother to cause trouble during a play that some people had been preparing for for quite a while.

And before Scott knew it, the play was over.

Sorry I'd didn't go into much detail about the play- I have literally never read Romeo and Juliet lmao- but hey the play happened.