chapter six - georgie...

Maddie, Bill, Beverly, Ben, Richie, Eddie, and Stan rode their bikes to Ben's house

Maddie, Bill, Beverly, Ben, Richie, Eddie, and Stan rode their bikes to Ben's house. Ben, Maddie, Beverly, Eddie, Bill, and Richie let their bikes fall to the ground and go inside, while Stan, as usual, puts the kickstand down. As they enter the house, a woman was stapling a Missing poster of Patrick Hockstetter to a post as a freight train goes zooming in the background.

The Losers walked into his room, Ben grabbed a magazine, a shirt, and his underwear, throwing them in his closet, and closed it. "Don't freak out, just tell us." Eddie said as Maddie, Beverly, Bill, Stan, Eddie, and Richie entered the bedroom. Maddie looked around, amazed at what he had.

"Yeah. I heard he has a rollercoaster and a pet chimp and an old guy's fucking bones. Yeah." Richie said and Stan immediately looked at the stuff on Ben's desk. Richie's attention is drawn to the articles and pictures on the wall. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wow!" Richie said.

Ben asked, "Cool, huh?" "No. No, nothing cool. There's nothing cool." Bill looked at one of the cards on the table opposite Ben's bed. "Oh, this is cool, right here. Wait, no. No, it's not cool." "Shut up, Richie!" Maddie said as she and Beverly glanced at some more articles on the walls.

Stanley pointed at a piece of paper. "What's that?" Ben told them as Stan, Eddie, and Richie looked at him, "Oh, that? That's the charter for Derry Township." "Nerd alert." Richie said and Ben told them, "No, actually, it's really interesting. Derry started out as a beaver trapping camp."

Richie then said to them all, "Still is, am I right?" He held up his hand, Stan shook his head while Eddie merely looked at him. Maddie looked at the articles next to the door as Ben said, "Ninety-one people signed the charter that made Derry. But later that winter, they all disappeared without a trace."

Eddie asked, "The entire camp?" Bill looked puzzled and Ben continued, "There were rumors of Indians, but no sign of an attack. Everybody just thought it was a plague or something." A picture of the camp was displayed... On the far left is a figure resembling a clown...

"But it's like one day everybody just woke up and left." Maddie was looking at the other side of the bedroom door. "The only clue was a trail of bloody clothes leading to the Well House." Maddie closed the door to reveal what's on the other side. "Jesus. We can get Derry on Unsolved Mysteries." Richie said.

As Ben turned around to the sound of the door creaking, Eddie said, "Let's do that. You're brilliant." "I might be." Richie told him. Maddie revealed that Ben has a New Kids on the Block poster on the back of his bedroom door. Ben looked at her as a he smiles at him and opened the door while the boys talked amongst themselves.

"I don't know." Richie said as Bill continued examining the stuff on the table. "Maybe he's just trying to make some friends, Stanley." Richie told him. Bill grabbed Maddie and pulled her to where he was. Bill showed her the article. "Where was the Well House?" Maddie asked Ben. "I don't know. Somewhere in town, I guess. Why?" Ben told her. The twins were glancing at the articles on the wall as Bill just told him, "Nothing..."

———

That evening, Bill and Maddie returned to the Denbrough house. Maddie went into her room, laying on her bed relaxing for a tiny bit. She took a breath and sat up. Maddie went to her backpack to take a book out and something dropped on the floor.

Maddie looked down to see what she dropped, she found a postcard. No one signed in, but on it had a poem. Maddie loved poetry. Maddie grabbed her book and the postcard and locked the door bedroom so she can read it in private. Maddie layer down on her bed, reading it.

"Your hair is winter fire... January embers... My heart burns there, too." Maddie said to herself, as she read it. Maddie puts the postcard up to her upper chest and smiled. Maddie wondered if she had a secret admirer.

Later that night, Maddie was sound asleep in her bed. The post card was now hung up on her bulletin board. In Bill's room, water was dripping from the ceiling, onto his artwork of Beverly. The artwork was next to him in his bed as he slept, then it dripped on him, waking him up as thunder rumbled outside.

Maddie heard it from her room and jumped in her bed. Maddie heard Bill's door open causing her to ask if he was okay. "Bill? Are you okay?" "Yeah, t-t-the ceiling is leaking in my r-r-room. Bill went to the hallway closet and collected a bucket to deal with the dripping water. As he closed the closet door and carried the bucket to his room, the light in Georgie's bedroom suddenly turned on. "Maddie..." Bill muttered as the light caught his attention.

Maddie walked over to her twin, seeing the light. Bill out down the bucket and the twins walked into their late little brother's room. The two looked around, Maddie picked up Georgie's Lego model of a turtle and sat on his bed. Bill sat next to his sister as she was sobbing softly. He held Maddie as he had tears falling down his eyes, still unable to believe he's really dead.

A shadow is seen on the door, then it just disappeared... Bill and Maddie look up at the sound of running footsteps. The twins looked at eachother and stood up, walking out of the room. They saw footprints going downstairs. Bill and Maddie followed the footprints down the stairs, stopping a few feet from the kitchen, where the two saw a small figure clad in a yellow raincoat run into the basement.

Maddie gasped and drops the model, which breaks on the floor. Bill, in disbelief, said quietly, "Georgie?" The fear was spreading up both him and his sister's spine. The two walked into the kitchen to the basement door, which is wide open. They slowly walked down the stairs into the basement, which is filled with water. In the corner, next to the shelf... Stood Georgie, or was it him? Bill and Maddie could hardly believe their eyes.

"Georgie" said to Bill, "I lost it, Billy. Don't be mad." "I-I-I-I'm not mad at you." Bill said as Maddie's eyes will with water. Georgie" stood there, with a sort of evil smile on his face... Maddie and Bill quivered at "Georgie's" face. He was stepping away from the shelf as he told his older siblings, "It just floated off. But if you two come with me, you'll float, too."

"Georgie..." Maddie softly said but soon "Georgie" began giving an evil chuckle. "You'll float, too. You'll float, too. You'll float, too. You'll float, too. You'll float, too." "Georgie's" voice deepened and his face started to decay. "You'll float, too. You'll float, too."

A clown, Pennywise rose from the water behind "Georgie" "You'll float, too." Then "Georgie'sl voice becomes distorted. "You'll float, too! You'll float, too!" Pennywise repeated the phrase in the same distorted voice, "You'll float, too! You'll float, too!" The clown pushed "Georgie" underwater, with blood appearing in that very spot while speaking in his normal voice.

"You'll float, too!" The twins stood there, horrified by what they were seeing. Pennywise roared and charged at both of the twins. Both Bill and Maddie panicked and ran back upstairs as Pennywise nearly grabbed both of them. They closed the door to the basement, causin Pennywise to just slither away...

The twins looked at eachother, both twins had their eyes were widened as both breathed heavily. That nigh, Bill and Maddie slept together not being able to leave each other's side that night...