- Nightmares -

Content warnings: murder and mentions of it, mentions of kidnapping, use of knives for harm.

(Please don't read this if you find any of it uncomfortable)

- His Pov -

I lay on the crusty mattress he had left me with.

Its been four days, and I've lost all hope.
The phone has stopped ringing and I'm starting to panic as what if's cloud my mind.

What if I never make it out?
What if he kills me?
What if its painfull?
What if I never see my family again?
What if I never see her again.

No Finney, don't think like that. I shake my head at my stupid thoughts. I'm going to make it out. Or, I'm going to try at least.

The sound of someone clearing their throat makes me flinch and I scatter as far back on the bed as I can, my back leaning against the cold of the concrete wall.

"What you thinking about Finney boy?"

The Grabber stands infront of me, tilting his head and letting his greasy hair fall to the side.

I can see the top half of his face as the bottom hald is covered by that disgusting mask. His eyes feel like they are piercing into my soul as he watches my every move.

"Nothing." I whisper, trying to hide my fear.

The Grabber lets out a belly laugh, sending a chill down my spine before he quickly snaps out of it and continues staring at me. "Nothing? Not even...your little girlfriend?"

My head snaps up to him, worry filling my body.

Y/n.

The Grabber steps forward, his eyes crinkled and I can just tell he's smiling an awful smile. "I spotted her today. She was hanging up missing persons posters. Three guesses on who those posters were for."

Me.

"You!" The grabber laughs loudly, making me flinch the slightest. "But, she wasn't going to find you. So I thought, why not give her a little help."

I stand up, glaring at him. "What did you do now you sick fuck?"

The grabber stops laughing and his gaze stiffens, returning a glare. "Well, I was going to do this nicely. But you decided to call me names and now my feelings are hurt." He walks backwards, towards the door and opening it slightly before reaching in and pulling Y/n through the crack, holding her by her shirt.

"Y/n!" I step forward but the grabber quickly puts her in a choke hold, shaking his head at me with a tsk. "Ah ah ah Finney boy. You chose to be a naughty boy. Now you're gonna pay."

I watch Y/n squirm in his hold, kicking the air and scratching at his arm to get free. But nothing seems to work.

The Grabber reaches into his pocket and pulls out a knife, holding it to her throat.

"No!" I yell, moving forward to help but the grabber stops me.

"Ah! One more step and I spill her blood all over the floor." You presses the knife harder against her neck and y/n lets out a wince.

I feel useless, I dont want to just stand here and wait for something to happen. I want to go over and beat the shit out of him. But I cant. I know that.

And y/n knows that too.

We make eyecontact and I see her eyes are beginning to pool with tears, triggering my own tears to rise.

"Finney." She whispers lightly, sending me a smile.

"Don't smile," I whisper, shaking my head. "Please don't smile."

The grabber looks at me, sending me a shit eating grin before pressing harder and pulling his arm, slicing y/ns throat.

"Oops."

+++

"No!" I yell, gasping as I sit up in a flash.

Panting, I look around the room quickly to take in my surroundings.

My room.

I let out a shaky breath and look down to my left, relief flooding my body as I spot my girlfriend laying next to me, her mouth parted as she lets out soft snores.

Raising my hands, I wipe my tear stained cheeks before shuffling back down and wrapping my arms around Y/n tightly and burying my face into her neck.

I dont know how long I lay awake, just holding her, finding comfort in her smell and light breaths. But I do know I'm awake long enough to watch the sun rise through the cracks of the curtain.

It had been three years since I had killed the grabber, I still have nightmares about it. But y/n always seems to comfort me, awake or not.