|| 116 || Rainy Morning ☔ O/F

Art by lynus1717 on Twitter

━━━━━━━

Kobo Kanaeru + !Gender Neutral!Reader

I just wanna write some fluffy Kobo cuz we need some sweetness after that Ollie chapter.

Word Count → 822 Words

Warnings → Just some sassy Kobo wanting affection and a short and sweet chapter

(Also I've only watched a few Kobo clips, namely the ones where she's told she's adopted and the one where she's acting like a hyperactive child with Kaela).

━━━━━━━

'My one true love... My bed' You yawned, rolling over a few times. The sun was still far off from rising, but at 2:34 am your body decided to overheat to the point you were a disgusting sweaty mess and for some reason, your legs were unbearably itchy. Very annoying. But your bed was there for you, and after kicking a few blankets off you returned to a comfortable warmth.

But there was something very important missing, more specifically, someone. A small someone who had a habit of curling up next to you and sapping away all your warmth till she was like a ball of sunshine who'd come down to sleep in the middle of the bed before shoving you to the edge like a stray pillow.

'Kobo doko?' You thought, your mind already unbelievably bleary as you started slipping back into the comforting embrace of sleep. Even through slitted eyes, you couldn't see light coming from the bathroom, nor from under the crack of the bedroom door. So she wasn't grabbing a snack or doing whatever.

But you couldn't give the idea another thought as sleep decided this would be the perfect moment to claim you again, and you fell asleep before your tiny girlfriend could return to your side. Perhaps if you'd managed to stay awake for a few more minutes, you'd be able to welcome Kobo back with warm covers and a sleepy embrace.

Time ticked onwards, your bedroom and the rest of your apartment serendipitously quiet and calm, the sound of wind rustling past your closed window accompanied by the gentle tap tap tapping of rain against glass panes.

Slowly yet surely, the sun peaked over the tip of the nearby hills, basking the land in a pale golden light. The nearby ocean rippled and shone with the early morning light, twinkling in an ever-so-pleasing way after the night's storm. A lone figure stood on the beach, standing still just outside of the door to the old town lighthouse. Her job was done here, and so she began her trek home.

That someone came to stop outside of your apartment door, a simple blue umbrella clad in her hand that matched with her ducky wellington boots. The keys in her hand jingled softly as she unlocked the door, stifling her yawn as she dragged herself and her umbrella back to her bedroom.

Raindrops dripped from her hair as she wiped more condensation from her red cheeks. She'd already shaken her umbrella thoughtfully, ridding it of all the rain that had pattered down from the storm outside. It clattered quietly as she dropped it on the floor.

The sight was one she was well accustomed to. The thought of catching a few winks of sleep before waking up to a nice breakfast after her rain watch last night made her feel warm and fuzzy inside. But for now, she just kicked off her wellingtons and lifted the blankets, snuggling up against the curve of your stomach as she rested her head just above your heart.

Its gentle rhythm was a lullaby Kobo had grown to love. The steady thump thump thump lulled her into a comforted and sleepy haze. You just mumbled a few times, once again rolling over in your sleep. Kobo huffed.

"(Y/N), roll back over and cuddle me..." She whined quietly, her voice tapering off as a yawn once again interrupted her. Whether you heard her or not, your sleeping form shuffled once more, though this time you spread out starfish style. Kobo huffed.

"(Y/N)!" She sat up, trying effortlessly to shove you to make more room for herself. After a few moments, she gave up, and instead chose to sprawl herself over you, tucking her head carefully under your chin and she grabbed at your pyjamas, trying to wiggle herself into a comfortable position.

After finally finding a comfortable spot, Kobo settled down. She could still faintly hear your pulse thumping away in her right ear, and now your gentle breathing sounded calmingly right by it.

"Ah, Kobo... There you are," You mumbled blearily, still half asleep. One of your hands reached up and threaded through her sky blue hair. It was a routine by now, right down to the way your fingers carefully tussled through her damp locks, slowly working out all the knots as Kobo melted into your warmth.

Before you knew it, your smug little blue gremlin had settled down, her breathing evening out and matching yours.

Despite the sunlight trickling through the curtains, you still found respite to join her in dreamland for just a few more hours.