Chapter 2

Wei Wuxian woke up in an unfamiliar room a day after meeting his Uncle.

He never remembered seeing him at all, he doesn't even remember his father mentioning his name.

He probably met him when he was a new born baby, it would explain why did doesn't remember, or maybe because of his time in the streets is why he couldn't remember anything other than that one memory.

The only memory he has of his parents, he was on his father's back, and his mother was riding a donkey.

He looked at himself and saw multiple bandages.

He then heard screaming outside.

"FENGMIAN YOU DARE BRING A CHILD OF THAT WHORE IN THIS KINGDOM!? AND YOU DARE SAY YOU WANT TO ADOPT HIM!?" an unfamiliar female voice raged out.

He flinched at the sudden noise, he wanted to cover his ears but the door opened.

Seeing her outfit, he knew she was the queen of the kingdom he was in so he quickly bowed in respect.

The woman tsked "Atleast this servant knows his place!"

Jiang Fengmian then entered "My Lady please, he's the son of my Sworn brother-"

"AND HAVE HIM COMPETE WITH OUR SON FOR THE THRONE!? MUST I REMIND YOU THIS SERVANT HERE IS OLDER THAN OUR SON! YOU HEAR ME? A-CHENG IS YOUR SON!"

"Nothing will change, A-Cheng will still remain the heir and first prince of Lotus Pier"  Jiang Fengmian said.

"THE PEOPLE WONT THINK THAT! HE LEAVES OR ILL HAVE HIM BANISHED!" The Queen yelled.

"My Lady please reconsider" Jiang Fengmian begged "He's just a kid"

The Queen looked at Wei Wuxian up and down.

Wei Wuxian didn't dare make eye contact with the Queen at all.

He was scared for life, he will be fine with anything as long as he doesn't starve or freeze to death.

"I will speak to the child alone" The Queen said and Jiang Fengmian was about to argue but she glared "I AM WILLING TO CHANGE MY MIND BUT IF YOU DARE INTERFERE I WILL KICK HIM OUT!"

Jiang Fengmian flinched and left along with the Healers who were about to hush them since they were disturbing the others.

Once the doors were closed the Queen spoke "Rise but do not make eye contact with me" She said sternly.

Wei Wuxian obeyed.

"Aren't you obedient" She hummed to herself "I am Queen Yu Ziyuan, you are to refer to me as Your Majesty Yu, am I clear?"

"Y-yes Your Majesty Yu" he trembled.

"Are you scared of anything?" She asked.

"N-no—"

"If you are not honest I will not hesitate to kick you out"

Wei Wuxian started sweating, he was a kid ofcourse he didn't wish to be kicked out.

"Dogs, your Majesty" he whimpered out.

"Pathetic" She kneeled and pulled his hair slightly "If you do anything that will make my husband remove my son's dogs, I will make sure you don't live for another day am I clear?"

Wei Wuxian nodded.

Yu Ziyuan stood up and dusted her hands.

"You may enter" She said and Jiang Fengmian entered the room.

"My Lady—"

"He shall stay as a servant, he is to take training and serve A-Cheng once he turns 13" She said in a tone that was final "You will not adopt him nor give him any special treatment, am I clear?"