Into Every Life A Little Rain Must Fall

Fact; if you plant seedlings, you can't expect them to grow without nourishment and proper care. They need the rain as much as the sun. It's your love that's the special touch to blossom beautifully.

Same goes for hybrids.

The days passed at a crawling pace, dragging along as each day you crept by your bedroom door, wondering how Taehyung and Jungkook were doing; stuck in a cycle between dissociation and merely existing in the present or the past. Namjoon and Hoseok had since made appearances, though they kept to their own rooms, sneaking to and from the kitchen when in need of food. Yoongi and Jin made sure to leave it for them in the fridge every night after making sure you did more than push the morsels around the plate. You put on a brave face for the remaining few, only becoming an emotional wreck in the safety of your car between work, but the time was beating you down and wearing you thin; breaking what was left of your resolve.

You just couldn’t find closure. You were even almost ready to turn yourself in for all the laws you broke that day just to find some kind of justice for Jungkook, but after the first few calls you were beginning to learn just how cruel the justice system was.

“Yes— yes, I understand that I need more than just a statement but—”

“Ma’am, let me be frank with you,” the operator had said in a tone that clearly read she was tired of your shit. “You’re making a claim with no proof and nobody else with autonomy to testify, and the woman you’re trying to accuse denies ever adopting from you, but you don’t have any paperwork to prove she did. There is nothing the police can do to help you, and even if there was, there are no laws against sleeping with hybrids.”

That statement alone rang through your head for days, filling you with sickening dread. Surely that behavior couldn’t be as common as it was sounding, but you started to think..

Getting back to work was another struggle at first. You didn’t think you could face Elehna without killing her or pushing her down a stairwell, and you knew you also had to discuss with your boss about how to deal with that situation, but you were surprised to find that the witch had transferred to a different office in the time you were gone. You didn’t know why she didn’t try to come for you first, but figured what you did must’ve scared her enough to disappear from your life. At least she knew she was in the wrong, you supposed, but a part of you couldn’t help but burn at the thought you couldn’t rip her to pieces or get her arrested.

You were nestled securely between Jimin’s legs on the pull out couch where you’d pretty much moved in with Yoongi in the living room, most of your clothes lying in a neat pile by the corner where the bookshelf once resided. Your arctic fox hummed a sweet tune as he pulled the bristles of his hairbrush through your freshly blow-dried strands, following along to the chords Jin strummed on his guitar while the cheetah mindlessly toyed with the acoustic; switching between tunes when he tired of the previous one.

Yoongi groaned as he stalked into the room, plopping down on the bed which shifted yours and Jimin’s bodies toward his weight as a sigh left his lips, brushing a towel through the mop of hair.

“What's with you?” Jimin called from over your shoulder, everyone watching as silver strands and two pointed ears slowly popped free from the white cotton before Yoongi's scowling catlike eyes were aimed directly at you.

“What’d I do?” You gasped, looking to Jin in hopes of some clarification, but he seemed just as lost.

“All the hot water was gone. I couldn't even run a hot bath and the shower was freezing,” Yoongi whined, voice gravelly as usual.

“Huh? But I was only in there for maybe twenty minutes tops?” You mused, brows pulled together in confusion as you watched the wolf sit up to messily scrub the sides and back of his tousled hair.