Chapter 15 | party planners

"Plleeeeaaasseeee father! It's my 16th. That's a big milestone! I don't even want a big party just a few friends over" Adrien was practically begging at this point.

The stone cold man he called his father was looking down at his son with an unfazed expression and the dislike for the idea of teenagers running around his mansion.

"Hmm... one condition. The party isn't here, it'll make a mess. It can be at a park or event location, only a few friends ok?" Gabriel caved.

"Really?" Adrien replied.

"Your mother made a big deal out of her 16th too, I'll allow it"

Adrien jumped up, punching the air in victory.

"YES! Thanks father, I promise it won't be anything too wild" He said, hugging his father only to not be hugged back.

"Yes, yes. I'll have Nathalie make arrangements, I'm sure she won't mind planning it. She'd planned many of your mothers parties before" Gabriel said.

Adrien definitely didn't mind having Nathalie organise it, she was good at planning parties. Plus, she'd probably be able to pull some strings to make it even better than what his father allowed.

"Perfect! Thanks again father, I have to go make a guest list!" Adrien smiled, quickly turning on his heels to rush up the stairs to Nathalie's room.

Gabriel watched him leave, and went right back to work. He didn't particularly care for birthdays, and never met Adrien have proper parties in the past. Only family get-togethers, but he figured he'd let this one slide since Adrien clearly look after his mother with his desire for a sweet 16.

Adrien rushed up the stairs, skidded down the hall and burst into Nathalie's room. She was in bed, doing some work on her laptop.

"NATHALIE! Guess what?" He exclaimed.

"Calm down Adrien, you'll break the door off its hinges if you push it that hard" Nathalie replied.

"Oh! Sorry. But guess what?"

"What?"

"Fathers letting me have a sweet 16! He said you can be in charge of organising it though..."

Nathalie sighed, of course she was in charge of it. Not that she minded, but it was typical Gabriel, pushing all responsibilities involving his son onto her.

"I'm amazed you managed to convince him, but I'm perfectly ok with planning it. Honestly I was hoping I could, whose on the guest list?" Nathalie asked.

Adrien sat on the bed next to her, watching her open a new document to write things down on.

"Uhh, Luka obviously" he began.

"That's no surprise. You know what... I'll see if I can pull some strings and have him stay the night, you two can have a sleepover" she said.

"Really? You'd do that?"

"Young love always needs a birthday sleepover"

Adrien wrapped his arms around her for a tight hug, showing his gratitude with the squeeze.

"Thank you!" He smiled.

"You're welcome but let's not collapse my lungs, I'm already sick" she joked.

"Oh sorry!"

Adrien let go, and Nathalie ruffled his hair with a smile. She turned back to the laptop to keep planning.

"Who else?" She asked.

"Nino, for sure. Uh... Marinette and Alya, the band manners... oh! Marc and Nathaniel. That's about it, it's only a small party" Adrien listed.