004

If you're being completely honest, today's quiz makes you wanna bite off the head of your professor.

You're on your way home. But the figure trailing behind doesn't go unnoticed. He stops when you stop and leaps towards the nearest tree when you turn.

Playing a sick game of hide and seek. One you never agreed to play.

You dropped your car off right after school for an oil change.

Hence, the reason you're walking.

"You know I can still see you right?"

Jungkook steps away from his hiding spot while rubbing the back of his neck. A hand clutches the strap of his backpack.

His hair's bushy and messy. Signs of fingers raking through them. Last time you recall, school uniforms were supposed to be buttoned all the way up.

"What do you need?" When he stops in front of you, you're slightly irked by the height difference.

When did he get so tall?

A strong odor invades your nostrils and enters your lungs, making you want to puke. You pinch your nose and take a step back, holding back the urge to vomit your lunch.

That smell. Isn't normal.

It smells like rotten fish and egg, combined with the most disgusting food to ever exist.

"What the hell is that smell?" It enhances the headache you were feeling earlier. When silence is all you get in return, you notice the stain and creases imprinted on his uniform. Like someone had grabbed him by the collar.

Wait.

Something within you flickers. Like a light switch.

Someone's messing with him.

That's got to be the only explanation.

Despite the wretched smell of sewer, your protective instincts kicks in for the boy in front of you. After a good minute of inspection, it's clear that he was involved in a fight he didn't win. "Tell me who did it. I swear to god I'll make them wish they were never born."

"I'm fine no-"

"No you're not. This-" You gesture his whole figure. "-is not fine. Bullying is not fine, kook. When did it start uh?"

He avoids your gaze, staring at the side. Now really isn't the best time to keep stalling. You just had a rough day at school and the urge to fight someone is still there.

"You're not talking. Why are you not talking? Did they threaten you?"

The boy widens his eyes and shakes his head, grabbing your arm as his way of assuring that he's alright. "I'm fine, Noona. Really. It wasn't that bad anyway."

You can literally see a bruise forming below his eye. "Oh really now? It wasn't that bad? Are you waiting for things to become worse? If you let them have their way kook, listen to me. You'll be miserable for the rest of your school years. Bullies shouldn't be tolerated, okay? So promise me this. Next time that happens, head over to the office and tell them everything."

His gaze softens. "I promise."

"Good." Now that things have settled, that awful smell makes you take a step back all over again. It's very unbearable. You're not sure how you were able to stand next to him the whole time. "God you smell like death."

He flashes you confused bunny eyes. "I could have sworn I sprayed enough cologne though."

"You think cologne gonna work?" You scoff with fingers pinching your nose, gesturing him to follow you. "You're lucky my place's just around the block. You can take a shower there."

It doesn't take long before your reach your place. Jungkook enters the hallway and heads upstairs to take a shower. This isn't exactly his first time here. So he knows the way around the house.

You grab two cup noodles and fill it with hot water, leaving it to cook. A message suddenly comes in from Bia and she starts the conversation with how difficult the quiz this morning was.

Basically, she begins pouring her heart out and you agreed to everything she sent. Jungkook enters the kitchen with fresh clothes on. You look up and gesture him to sit, appreciating the fact that he no longer smells like feces.

"I texted your mom."

He was halfway from slurping some noodles when you spoke. "Did... did you tell her? About what happened?"

A glance at his bruise is enough to fuel your anger. And you're not even related to him. Imagine how his mom would feel is she found out her son was in that situation.

You take out your anger by slowly stabbing the noodles with the chopsticks. "Of course not. I just told her you'd crash at my place since it's already late. Here. Apply that before you go to sleep." You hand him an ointment for the bruise.

"You know I'm fine, right? This doesn't even hurt. See?" He pokes at his bruise and holds back a painful reaction.

You give him a long stare before sighing. "If you say so."

"I'm really fine Noona."

You hum in response, deciding to call it a night. After tossing the empty noodle cup away, you head upstairs and head straight to bed.

You're relieved that he's okay.

But the fact that he's acting as if it was nothing?

That annoys you.

The Following Morning

Out of all days, Bia's alarm failed to wake up her on time.

Everyone's already in their respective classrooms.

Just as she's about make a sharp turn with murmurs pouring out her lips, a clashing sounds captures her attention.

She was late for her first class. Ten minutes late to be exact.

And now she'll be even more late.

The sound's coming from the other corner. Curiosity eventually takes the best of her and she peeks.

Her eyes widens.

A group of freshmen were surrounding a student- who wasn't in great shape. In fact. They're ready to black out.

"One word out and I swear I'll make your life a living hell."

"Where are the teachers when you need them?" She mutters under her breath.

Just as she's about to step out from her hiding spot and confront those rebellious kids, she stops midway when a familiar face comes to view.

Jungkook's the troublemaker.