Eurytion Is Freed

Y/n's Pov:

"Eurytion, tie them up over there," Geryon said, pointing at a spot on the corner.

Eurytion did as told with a grunt. He grabbed some ropes and tied us up like rodeo animals.

The ropes burned into my skin as he did the knot. 

"Oi!" I called. "Be careful!"

"Sorry," Eurytion apologized.

"Eurytion!" Geryon called. "Set up the table! Mr Jackson won't come successful. We have to throw a party!"

Eurytion grunted before going to set the table.

"Well," Grayson sighed. "This is unfortunate."

"No," I said sarcastically. "Really? Hadn't noticed."

"This would've never happened if you didn't offer to help," Nico groaned. "I almost had a deal!"

"You're welcome, by the way," said Grayson.

"For what?"

"For helping you."

"I don't need your pity help. I don't need you."

"We're not pitying you," said Annabeth. "We want to help you."

Nico rolled his eyes. "And why would you possibly want to help me?"

"Because we care about you," I told him.

"Bullshit!" Nico dismissed.

"Language!" Annabeth scolded.

"Nico, it's not bullshit," Grayson said. "We really do care."

"Gods, Grayson, language!" Annabeth scolded once more.

"You don't care," Nico spat. "None of you care. You only want me back because I'm the son of Hades!"

"That's not true," I told him. "We want you back at camp because you'll be safe there."

Nico looked like he wanted to believe me.

"I'm safer on my own," he said.

"Sure," I said sarcastically. "With Mr Goldie Hands, everyone's safe."

"He's become of great help to bring her back!"

"Nico - "

"Oh, my Gods!" Geryon said, before flipping a hamburger. "Eurytion, gag them! I can't take all of this talkin'! I can't concentrate!"

Eurytion grunted. He grabbed six gags and put them over our mouths. We tried to scream, but it was too late. The gag was already over our mouths.

~

They set the deck up for a party.

Streamers and balloons decorated the railing. Geryon was flipping burgers on a huge barbecue cooker made from an oil drum. Eurytion lounged at a picnic table, picking his fingernails with a knife. The two-headed dog sniffed the ribs and burgers that were frying on the grill.

Suddenly, I heard a horse neigh.

A part of me felt happy. Percy had done it! Nico could come with us!

Another part of me worried. What if the horses ate him?

Percy burst through the door, sweat drops on his forehead. We made eye contact.

"Let them go!" he yelled, out of breath. "I cleaned the stables!"

Geryon turned. He wore an apron on each chest, with one word on each, so together they spelt out: KISS—THE—CHEF. "Did you, now? How'd you manage it?"