fourteen

The band has a gig tonight and most of everyone's going to be there. Peyton, Luke, and myself are bartending it.

While I'm bartending, I'm gonna help manage the band. Stas, Kat, Sam, and Colby are all coming to watch.

I was honestly excited. Zander's currently in New York for a modeling gig so he's going to be there for a while.

I honestly miss Zander so much and I couldn't wait until he came back.

Peyton stayed here so she could watch over the apartment. The band was getting everything together while we set the bar up.

They were doing a sound check so they were playing their song, Now or Never.

You can tell how into it they are. I couldn't help but stare as I watched them.

"You're drooling over there." Luke joked when he walked passed me.

I scrunched my nose towards him as he laughed towards me.

He's such an asshole. I looked back towards Logan to see him strumming and singing, looking towards us.

I smiled a little bit as they sang. When they finished the song, they rushed over to the bar.

"You guys sounded really good." Peyton complimented them. They all started smiling widely.

"It sounded good?" We nodded our heads towards Kaiden. I grabbed four water bottles and handed them to each boy.

"Can I have Rum and Coke?" Kaiden asked looking at me. I give him a strange look.

I was surprised by his question but I decided to mess with him.

"You're not twenty-one though." I joke. Since he's the youngest, him being twenty-one, we started joking with him.

We all call him sixteen, and he gets aggravated every time. "Oh fuck you, Ashton." He flips me off as we all laugh at him.

I did pour him a drink knowing they get free ones. The band all took a shot together while we opened up.

"You gonna miss working with me tonight?" Logan asked making conversation.

I scrunch my nose while looking at the brunette. He does keep me entertained throughout the night.

When we have the Dj playing music, he sings almost every song. "I'm gonna enjoy it tonight without you."

He scrunched his nose towards me. "Oh, you love working with me." He teases a little bit.

"If that's what makes you feel better." I come back towards him. He drops his jaw towards me while laughing.

As we sat there and talked, a girl asked for a white claw. When I walk back to give it to her, she was leaned up in his ear.

I place it over by her and wait for her card. When she pulled away, he scrunched his nose towards her.

I wonder what they're talking about. "I'm sorry but no." He denied. She looked at him upset.

"What do you mean you won't take my number?" He just shrugged while sipping on his drink.

She eventually got aggravated, paid for her white claw, and walked towards her friends.

"What was that about?" I ask Logan once she was gone. "She wanted my number and I didn't want to give it to her." He shrugged.

I looked at him surprised. "Why didn't you want it?" I ask him knowing she was a pretty girl.

He just shrugged while looking at me, taking a sip of his drink. "She's not the one I want." Before I could process it, Patrick said it was time.

I wished them luck as they ran up on the platform. As they started talking, our group of friends walked in.

I smiled as they walked over. I went ahead and gave Stas and Kat their Truly's while Peyton started Sam's drink.

"Have they started yet?" Stas asked as I shook my head no. "They're about to." I tell her.

Once they get done introducing themselves, they start playing their music.

Everyone started dancing, everyone by the bar bopping their heads.

I gave Colby his Rum and Coke, him giving me his card. I left his tab open and gave it back.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. In between songs, I would ask the boys if they needed anything.

I loved watching them all play. You can see how much they all love playing together.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying the music. Kat and Stas went out to the dance floor and started dancing.

I haven't seen it this crowded in a few months. As they were singing, Nick ran over and joined Logan with his microphone.

"They seem to really enjoy performing." Sam pointed out to me. I nodded my head towards them.

"I love watching them." I look over at Colby to see he's actually enjoying the performance.

Knowing the two haven't gotten along the past couple of months, it's nice seeing Colby let lose.

After playing for an hour, they get a thirty minute break to rest. "How are you guys feeling?" I ask as they came to the bar.

"Amazing." They all boasted. They all had sweat pouring from them.

I went to get someone a drink and when I came back, Logan and Colby were talking.

It honestly made me smile seeing them get along. The whole night was honestly amazing.

I could tell everyone had a good time. Right before we closed up, someone came over to the our part of the bar.

"Hi, my name's Andrew. Can I talk to Sunset Curve?" The man asked the boys. They looked at each other and then at me.

"Only if our manager can come." I smiled a little at Logan included me. He nodded his head so we all followed him outside the bar.

I cross my arms while looking at Andrew. "So, I'm an agent at Capital Records, and I found you guys through tik tok." He explained.

"I came here to watch you guys and I'm really interested in you." He spoke. I was quiet while he spoke to us.

"I was wondering if you guys would like to sign with us?" I look at the boys to see them smiling widely towards them.

I think this would be an amazing opportunity for them. I looked at Logan to see he was looking at me.

I could see the happiness behind his hazel eyes. I could see him think of something as he turned back over towards Andrew.

"It does sound amazing, but what would happen to Ashton?" Logan asked as Kaiden nodded his head.

"She helped a lot with getting gigs and doing promotional stuff." I smile a little bit as they complimented me.

Andrew looked over at me and studied me. It honestly made me a little nervous.

"Have you ever had any experience with managing a band?" He asked while looking at me.

"I mean, I think I've done pretty well managing these guys. But on a serious note, no." I try to joke.

He laughed a little which I assume is a good thing. "I would say that I've never seen something like this." He started.

"You obviously have a gift. How would you feel about me taking you under my wing and showing you the ropes?" He asked.

I dropped my jaw in surprise towards him. "Wait, really?" I ask surprised. He nodded his head.

"You obviously succeeded in putting their stuff up there, I wanna see what else you could do." I looked over at all the boys.

They looked at me happily, mentally telling me I should do it.

I smiled as I looked over at Andrew, agreeing that I'll do it. That's when the band agreed to sign with him.

Once he was away and out of ear shot, we started celebrating and jumping around.

I was so excited about this.