26

General Greiveous

I walked out of the meeting beside Obi and Anakin. "What kind of nonsense is this?" Anakin asked, "Put me on the council and not make me a master? It's never been done in the history of the jedi. It's insulting." Anakin was becoming more and more enraged by the second I brushed my hand on his. "Calm down Anakin. You have been given a great honor. To be on the council at your age- it's never been done. The fact of the matter is that you are too close to the chancellor. The council doesn't like it when he interfere's with Jedi affairs." I argued back he wasn't being very rational, we halted for a moment and Anakin turned to the both of us. "I swear to you, I didn't ask to be put on the council." He promised both of us. "But it's what you wanted. Your friendship with chancellor palpatine seems to have paid off." Obi returned continuing walking and Ani sighed. "That has nothing to do with it." "Ani, you are oblivious... the only reason why the council has approved your appointment... is because the chancellor trusts you." I stated the obvious and Obi agreed.

"And?" Ani wanted me to continue what I was trying to say. "Anakin we are both on your side. We didn't want to put you in this situation." Obi commented walking to a window and Ani turned to him. "What situation?" Ani demanded the answer in anger and confusion, if I was him I'd act the same. "The council wants you to report on all of the chancellors dealings. They want to know what he is up to." Obi explained Anakins mission. "They want me to spy on the Chancellor? But that's treason." Ani asked and I looked at him. "Look Ani, we are at war." I stated the obvious, Ani looked at me, "Then why didn't the council give me this assignment when we were in session?" I could tell he was upset. "This assignment can not be on record." Obi spoke. "The chancellor is not a bad man, Obi-wan. He befriended me. He's watched out for me ever since I arrived here." He defended the chancellor. "And that is why you must help us. Anakin, our allegiance is to the senate, not to it's leader, who has managed to stay in office long after his term has expired." Obi explained trying to reason with him.

"The senate demanded that he stayed longer." Anakin pushed on and I sighed. "Ani, use your feelings. Something is out of place." "You're asking me to do something against the Jedi code, against the republic, against a mentor and a friend. That's what's out of place here. Why are you asking this of me?" Anakin asked looking at me I looked down and then he looked to Obi. "The council is asking you." Obi responded and then Obi looked at me and nodded. "Let's go for a drink Ani." I spoke and Ani smiled a little and with that Obi walked away leaving me and Ani to go into the city to go for a drink. My assignment was to try and reason with him, as the council saw how fond Ani was of me. 

We walked to my favorite club which was "Kleep" and I ordered us both a drink and we sat down. "Sometimes I wonder what is happening to the Jedi order. I think this war is destroying the principles of the Republic." Anakin broke the silence. "Have you ever considered that we may be on the wrong side?" I asked him and he looked at me filled with confusion. "What do you mean?" He asked me and I realized I have said too much but the council said get him on with the assignment with whatever it takes. "What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the republic has become the very evil we've been fighting to destroy?" I stated and he looked directly in my eyes. "I don't believe that. And you sound like a separatist like Padme." Anakin responded outraged I began to become angry. "Ani, I do not believe in any stating matter I am a Jedi I respect the order which says to protect the republic. This war that we're in represents a failure to listen. Now you are closer to the chancellor then anyone on the senate. Please, just report everything he does to the council." I pleaded with him and he became even more outraged. "Don't ask me to do that. And tell Padme to stop asking me to reason with the Chancellor and ask him to stop fighting to resume the diplomacy." he shouted sternly, It looked like there was something on his mind. 

"What is it?" I asked him as he got up and I followed him taking his hand. "It's nothing." He returned not wanting me to find out. "Ani, don't shut me out, please... let me help you. Hold me, like you did at Naboo all those years ago. Long ago when there was no war, when there was nothing but your love for me." I spoke and he hugged me tight, he didn't want to let go. "Lets get some more drinks shall we, enjoy the rest of our night." I stated and he nodded and I took his hand taking him to the bar and paying for more and more drinks. When night hit Ani had to report to the Chancellor, I gave him a capsual which made him sober up and he caught a hovercab to take me back to his apartment as it was much closer then mine, mine was on the other side, he said it was to keep a eye on me. As he left I was knocked out cold.

I woke up to find Ani sleeping soundly beside me. I got up walking to my apartment and I got cleaned up, changed, brushed my teeth. Soon after I was called to a meeting that Anakin had asked for. I walked to the council room and bowed taking my seat in between Ani and Obi. Ani told us all of the chancellor thinking General Greivous was on Utapau. I zoned out my mind on Anakin, as he looked like he was keeping something away from me, away from the council. "Master Kenobi and Master Moon should go." I heard my name which drew me away from thought. "Master Moon are you fit to travel." Windu asked and I nodded. "Then I agree." Yoda stated and everyone agreed. "Meeting adjourned." Windu concluded and all of the Masters that were out on another planet switched off their holograms, including Master Yoda who was with the Wookiees. Everyone left the room and I was pulled into another room by Anakin. 

"Please be safe Y/n."  Anakin pleaded and I smiled, "When am I not, even when I'm not I know how to look after myself and now I'm going to look after the big oaf." I responded and he took my hands. "I had a vision it was filled with suffering, both you and Padme were dying." He admitted, "and I'm not going to let you die." "Ani, I won't die, okay, I promise." I kissed him. He kissed me back holding me close. I finally pulled away. "I love you." He stated grasping my face and stroking it gently with his thumb. "I love you too, as soon as this war is over I will think about marrying you." I stated and a big grin appeared on his face. "...but I'm not promising I will." I added but the smile didn't fade and he pulled me into his arms. "Can you take the ring? Just for good luck?" He asked me and I sighed. "Okay." I agreed and he gave me the ring on a chain, I hid it underneath my robes as I put it on my neck. "We should get back to Obi." I stated and he nodded, although I said i would think about marrying him I still thought of Obi, I loved him too, he was my first love, I didn't know what to do.