chapter twelve - deadlights

Bill was ready to go save his sister

Bill was ready to go save his sister. He already lost Georgie, he can't loose his own twin sister. "Guys, spikes." Bill said. Eddie removed his fanny pack and tossed it aside. Bill picked up two metal poles with spikes on the end and put them together. Richie picked up a beer bottle, smashed it against the stairs. The group stared at him and due to that, Richie casually threw it aside... Nearby, Henry was sitting in Belch's car, watching the seven 13 year olds enter the foreboding house.

"Stan?" Ben asked as Bill, Beverly, Richie, Ben, Eddie, and Mike turned around to face Stan, who is just standing at the door. "Stan, we all have to go." Bill said and Stan continued standing where he is, afraid to follow them inside. "Maddie was right. If we split up like last time, that clown will kill us one by one. But if we stick together, all of us, we'll win. I promise." Bill told him.

Stan, now understanding that teamwork is their only chance of helping Maddie, stepped inside and joined the group. Bill led them into the basement where he saw the well during their previous incursion. As they walk up to the well, Richie asked Eddie, "Hey, Eddie, you got a quarter?" "I wouldn't want to make a wish in that fucking thing." Eddie said.

Ben was peering down into the well as he yelled, "MADDIE!?" His voice echoed. Richie looked at him as if to say "Ben, do you really think she can hear you from down there?" "How are we supposed to get down there?" Mike asked and Bill turned around to see a lengthy rope laying on the floor.

Seconds later, the rope is secured to the pulley as Richie threw it down. "All right. Come on." Bill said and Bill stepped up and grabbed hold of the rope, carefully descending into the well. "Let's go save Mads." Beverly said and climbed up to go in next. Eddie climbed up to go in next after saying, "Alright..." Bill descended until he saw a big hole in the wall, a passageway.

Meanwhile, in another room blood dripped onto the floor and onto Maddie's cheek as she laid unconscious on the floor. Maddie finally awoke up, looking around, like "Where am I?" Maddie slowly was walking around a massive pile of toys, but she almost lost her balance. She peered down into a deep hole before her legs give way, causing her to fall into a puddle. Maddie looked up to see a wall emblazoned with Pennywise's face, and the words "PENNYWISE THE DANCING CLOWN"

Maddie got to her feet, she looked up to see numerous bodies levitating high in the air around the mountain of toys... These were the kids Pennywise had kidnapped throughout the summer. Realizing she was now inside Pennywise's inner sanctum, Maddie ran to a nearby doorway and struggled to open it.

Ben was now descending into the well. "Guys, guys. Help." Ben said causing Beverly, Bill and Richie to help him into the passage. "You all right, buddy?" Richie asked and Ben told them, "Yeah, I'm okay."

Maddie was still struggling to open the door when she heard a voice on a speaker. "Step right up, Maddie. Step right up!" A voice said and Maddie turned around as she heard a music box playing. "Come change. Come float. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll cheer. You'll die. Introducing Pennywise the Dancing Clown!"

He laughed maniacally as a musical jack in the box with his face on it winds up, and spring-ups showing a replica of Pennywise emerges. The wall then lowered, revealing what looked like a musical stage. Smoke emitted from the stage as circus music started playing. Pennywise emerged and started dancing around.

Maddie watched him before seeing a wide open hatch. Maddie tried to make a run for the hatch, but Pennywise jumped out with lightning speed and grabbed her by the throat, laughing evilly.
Maddie was looking IT in the eye as she struggled. "I'm not afraid of you." Maddie told him.

Pennywise pulled Maddie closer and sniffed at her. He looked away briefly, then stared her in the face again. "You will be." He told her and his mouth folded upwards, revealing numerous sharp teeth, and three bright orange deadlights, as the voice of a boy was screaming "Help me!" was heard. The deadlights caused Maddie's eyes to become glossy, and her facial expression went completely blank as she slowly rose into the air.

Meanwhile, Mike is just about to follow Bill, Beverly, Richie, Eddie, Ben, and Stan into the well... But he didn't see Henry standing silently behind him. Henry suddenly attacked Mike from behind, causing him to scream, getting the others' attention.

Henry threw Mike backwards and yelled, "Die!" Mike's gun landed next to him on the ground. Bill, Beverly, Ben, Richie, Eddie, and Stan return to the passage's entrance, looking up for any sign of Mike. "Mike!" Beverly yelled as Ben yelled, "Mike!" "Mike!" Stan yelled and Eddie yelled next, "Mike!"

"You okay? Mike!" Stanley said and then Henry appeared at the top of the well looking down at them. "Bowers..." Bill said and Richie then said after, "Mike. Fuck." Henry laughed evilly as Stan yelled, "Mike!" "Where is he?" Ben said and Henry laughed again. "We're next." Richie told the group but Henry grabbed the rope and started pulling it up.

Stan yelled, "No, no, no! Grab it!" "Get the rope! Get the rope!" Eddie yelled as the rope was pulled out of their reach before they could grab it. "Oh, shit!" Eddie said as Henry threw the rope aside as Mike laid on the ground. "Mike!" Bill yeled and Richie said, "Mike! Leave him alone!" Henry turned to face Mike.

Henry said, "You didn't listen to what I told you, did you? You should've stayed out of Derry. Your parents didn't and look what happened to them. I still get sad every time I pass by that pile of ashes. Sad, that I couldn't have done it myself." Mike stared at Henry hard. He had a feeling of anger boiling up inside him, then he reached to grab his gun.

Beverly yelled, "Run, Mike!" Henry immediately grabbed Mike, the two of them struggled. The who group yelled, "MIKE!" "Fuck down!" Henry said and Bill told the group, "I should get up there." "Are you insane?! With what?!" Eddie told him.

Henry was sitting on Mike, Henry grabbed his gun, cocked it, and put it to his forehead. But miraculously, Mike managed to push Henry's gun arm away, just as he pulled the trigger, much to Henry's shock. Mike grabbed a rock and hit Henry with it buying time to get to his feet. Mike furiously charged at Henry while screaming, and pushed him into the well. Henry hit the wall and plummeted down into the depths.

Richie said, "Holy shit!" as Henry fell past them, screaming. Mike appeared at the top of the well as Bill, Beverly, Eddie, Richie, and Ben looked down at where Henry fell. "Oh my god! Mike?" Beverly said. "I'm okay." Mike told them which caused the six of them to breathe sighs of relief.

"I'm okay." Mike said and he put his extra ammo on the side of the well. Mike reloaded his gun, but suddenly his extra ammo slid down into the well. Mike tried to grab it but he didn't. "Shoot!" Mike said as his ammo fell down the well as he stared down in disappointment...