29. chocolate and bagels.

T W E N T Y - N I N E
chocolate and bagels.

School was already a lot for Otto to go to with her father dead. But when the entire damn school is staring at you because you are almost 37 weeks pregnant at 17 year old it makes it even worse.

It was like she could feel every pair of eyes burning holes in her, she felt them everywhere all staring at her shamelessly like she wasn't a person.

Not to mention it was the first time she'd been without JJ for more than 10 minutes. The entire day went painfully slowly for those exact reasons.

Every hour, second and minute stretched on for what felt like years.

She tried not to check the time too often because that makes it feel like time stretches on, but that was almost impossible with how badly she wanted to leave.

Otto had completely forgotten how much people stared and whispered, before she was so use to it, and she had such a wall up that protected her from people's feelings and assumptions about her. But that wall had crumbled, completely fallen down and was rumble at her feet. Now the staring and the whispering stung.

It was especially strange considering she hadn't been at the school for an entire year, so she had no clue who most of the people were, they were strangers and she still cared.

At the school she went to in her hometown a girl got pregnant. Due to the size of the school everyone knew everyone, everyone knew exactly who she was, they knew her parents and who the babies father was.

The girl was the talk of the town, and Otto participated in the whispers and the staring.

She had no clue how it felt.

It felt like shit.

Otto now felt so guilty for playing a part in someone feeling ostracized.

School was the last place Otto wanted to be, but it was what her father wanted.

Even on the day he died - the day he knew he was going to die - he made her go to school, it was that important to him. And he didn't want her to be there, watching him slip away slowly.

Coming out of the last class Otto was emotionally drained, not to mention how tired she was. She was always tired. But when she walked out of the class JJ was standing opposite it, leaning against the wall with a smug grin on his face like she knew something she didn't.

She glared at him, Otto hated not knowing things.

Then he pulled his hands from behind his back, he held a paper bag from a cafe that had her favourite bagel, and a bar of chocolate. The gleeful smile the took over Otto's face was well worth ditching his final class. To be fair if he didn't go to school with Otto he probably would've done it anyway.

JJ and Otto took her car to the school, JJ slept at her house every night so there was no point of Kie and Pope coming to pick the pair up. Kie's house wasn't that close to Otto's so it really was quicker to both take separates cars. The group said goodbye to one another and went their separate ways.

"JJ I know you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer but this isn't the way to my house, or the Chateau."

For a brief second JJ looked across at Otto who was happily eating her chocolate bar.

"That, my dear--"

"JJ, I will cut your dick off if you ever call me your dead again." Otto cut him off.

"Duely noted, let me start again. That, Tillie, is because we are not going to either of those places but to my place."

Otto snorted, "I think you'll find it is my place."