Chapter 6 - A Day Not Worth Forgetting

(A/n: I wanted to finish the fireworks arc in just two chapters, and I think I did a good job at it. And I got reader lore in. This chapter wont be the last with lore, because that boy suffering. Thats all. Thanks for reading. Enjoy.)

"Something I noticeed about you is that you always wear those blue headphones. What brand are they?"

"I wear them because they are comfortable. Their Audio-Technica ATH-WS99BT."

"Why did you remember all of that?"

"Because of its good quality. I should at least respect the full name."

"So, not only are they top quality headphones, but they look good too? Where can I buy one?"

"Order it online. I'll send you the link of the website you can order the headphones on through text later." I have a feeling they're expensive.

"Hey, dont you think it would be great if we matched headphones in school?"

I saw Miku's body twitch, like she was startled by what I told her.

"P-people would get the wrong idea," she quickly said.

"Why would they? It would be like a symbol of our friendship."

"Right... for friendship. I never matched with someone before, so this is new to me."

"Same here. I always wanted to match with someone special." I like how cute she looks when she slightly blushes.

"Im special to you?"

"Of course. Talking with you is always fun, and conversations between us flow so easily. We're best friends."

"I guess you're right.."

Looking around, I saw how happy everyone else was as they were enjoying the festival. But for safety measures, I made sure to thoroughly look around me for any suspicious activities. You may never know when something bad could happen.

As we passed by all types of stands, I saw one selling Ningyouyaki.

"Hey, wasnt that the "thing" you wanted earlier?"

"It is. It's great to eat during a festival like this."

"Im surprised I never heard of it."

"Ningyouyaki is very underrated. Most people would go for more eye pleasing snacks like chocolate bananas or candy apples."

(Im pretty sure they are pretty popular. Plot convenience)

"I see. So they skip Ningyouyaki because it looks like basic bread?"

"Correct, though what helps boost its sales are its designs."

"Designs?"

From afar, I could only see a plain piece of bread, but up close, I could see that the bread was molded into different shapes. From cute animals, to weird looking faces.

"Ningyouyaki means baked doll."

"That explains their strange structures."

"Sometimes, if allowed, we can see Ningyouyaki being made up close and eat it fresh."

Once we got to the food stand, we watched in awe as the shop owner made Ningyouyaki, using weird tools to mold the bread into their notorious shapes.

"Whats that hes putting in the bread? Chocolate?"

"Nope, anko bean paste. Tastes much better."

The shop owner finished baking, putting pieces of bread into two seperate bags. As I was about to pay for the food, Miku stopped me.