Volume 4: Memories

Toma Shizuko POV

I saw nothing but black and white, for quite a long time. It felt long anyway, but the question is, how long has it truly been? I couldn't move my body, or make a sound, or even look around. All I saw was a world of black and white, as if I was drifting in space. No sound, no smell, no physical feelings, just nothing. 

What has happened to me? It's as if I was disconnected with my body. And why do I have the thought that I've been in this black and white void before. This has to be a dream, right? An experience like this is impossible in real life. 

In a blur, the black and white void disappeared, only to be replaced by a wall with a door. The color returned, and so did some of my senses. I could finally move, and hear the distinct creaking of the wooden floors. I slowly opened the door, revealing a very familiar space. 

"...My bedroom?" 

Everything was here, just as I remembered it before we left for ANHS. All the books I've collected were in the numerous shelves, my closet was by the door, and my bed was by the window. However, something was in fact, different. There sat two girls on my old bed. 

One of the girls had her eyes covered by a blindfold, but was definitely sobbing. She had long white hair, styled into a ponytail. This girl wore a set of black and red pajamas, and was laying on the lap of the other girl. 

The second girl also had white hair, styled as twin tails. She had glasses on, and had crimson eyes, sympathetically looking at the girl on her lap. This twin tailed girl had an elegant crimson red and white dress with a black long skirt and high heels. They both looked no older than me, but they also kind of resembled me. 

The twin tailed girl looked at me for a brief moment, then looked at the girl sobbing again. 

"Just a second, I'll be right back." 

"Eh? P-Please don't go far." 

"Worry not, I'll be here in the same room." 

She patted the girl's head and made her sit up. The twin tailed girl stood up, then turned to face me. 

"Finally awake, eh?" She said to me. 

"...Why do you sound like me? Why do you both look and sound like me?" 

The girl in front of me had a commanding aura. She seemed calm and in control, somewhat like me but less timid. Her face was stern and serious, a face that niisan would make most of the time. She pushed her glasses back toward her face and sighed. 

"Onii-sama never told you, did he? Well, that's only natural since the human mind wouldn't accept it so easily." 

"Who is this onii-sama you speak of?" 

"Ahaha, who else? Our beloved brother, my darling onii-sama." She said, hugging herself. 

"My brother? Niisan?" 

"Of course, I mean him. Hisoka-kun is our one and only brother after all." 

"Did someone say onii-chan's name?" 

The girl with the blindfold who was by the bed suddenly stood up and started looking around. This startled the girl in front of me and tried making her sit down again.

"No no, we're just talking about him." She said. 

"So, h-he isn't here?" 

"Unfortunately. But worry not, we'll find him soon." 

The girl started sobbing again as she sat down on the bed. The twin tailed girl looked at me again, then walked up to me. 

"Shizuko-chan, yes?"