Chapter 31

Y/N'S POV:               

The very last few moments had left me shaken up.

The moments of his final breath were etched into my brain. The sickly feeling of seeing myself stare right back at me. It made me feel like my stomach was turning into knots that wouldn't undo themselves. I know it wasn't me. It was the lifeless body of Jack..yet it still plagues my mind.

His blood still stuck to my skin, I was desperate to get back to the castle. I didn't want to see their faces again, but I didn't have anywhere else to go.

I knew I had to face them eventually and besides still holding a grudge to them, I didn't want them to think I was dead.

As my eyes peer over the skyline, I see the blue sky with fluffy clouds, the castle below it in my view. It looked the same as it had when I left.

I huff out a sigh, happy to being able to finally have a nice bath and get rid of Jack's filthy blood off of me.

I decide to take the castle's front gate, knowing it was full day and the other guards would find me trying to sneak into the castle any other way.

I make my way to one of the guards standing next to the closed iron gate, babbling on about how much fun he had at the bar last night to his mate.

I roll my eyes, making a rumbling noise from my throat loud enough which grabs the attention of the guard and his friend.

He turns to me, his eyes practically falling out of his sockets as he stumbles back and scrambles away from me, pulling the iron gate's lever as he runs away, making it grumble and open up for me to walk through with ease.

I shrug, seeing his friend to be nowhere in sight. Either I scared him that bad from the blood on me or I'm just that breathtaking.

Most likely the first one.

I stepped through the gate, feeling goosebumps starting to appear on my body already.

I might be just a tad nervous..

Looking up to one of the windows of the castle, I spot a maid in the window, seeing her gasp and run off, the curtains falling back into place.

I groan, already having a gut feeling she went off to tell the kings I was back.

As I make my way up to the castle's main front, my intuition was correct.

'Fucking great..'

My eyes turn to look anywhere else but them, seeing the three standing in the doorway, their arms crossed.

"Y/n. You've been gone for a whole week! You just vanished and left the castle like that!" Sapnap exclaimed, snapping his fingers in a quick motion, making my eyes travel up to his for a split second.

I don't respond enough in time before I see George shove him, whispering to him about something.

Sapnap's eyes widen, taking in more of me. He gulps, seeing the crimson flakes of blood dried up upon my skin and all over my face.

"Can't you see Sapnap? She's been on her little adventures. Did you have fun y/n? Was it worth it? Almost getting yourself killed?" Dream replies, his tone so harsh it was almost like he was trying to fake it. As if he was trying to cover up the panic and worry he had felt when they couldn't find me the next day, completely gone with no tracks of mine left to find some sight of me.

His mask covered his face like always, except this time, instead of a plain expression on his face, laid a saddened frown.

I put up my walls instantly, feeling guarded and confused by his tone and emotions.