Nerves And Burns

You sat on the couch, nervously chewing at the skin on your thumb.

You tried making lunch for yourself and you’d accidentally burnt your hand and you were so nervous because you knew Marc and Jake would be angry and Steven would be so upset.

You heard the door open and you looked up to see Jake entering.

“Hola mi niña hermosa.” He said as you smiled and got up to hug him.

“I missed you all.” You whispered as he held you tightly.

“Anything happen while we were away?” He asked as you looked away nervously.

“I tried to cook something for lunch and I burnt myself a little, but it’s not that big of a deal.” You whispered holding up your arm to show him the small burn.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. Please don't be angry." You whispered, still not meeting his face.

"Oh, mi amor. Shh it's okay, I would never be angry if you got injured. My poor Ángel." He whispered bring your hand up to kiss it softly.

"I was so scared you would be angry, I don't want to upset you or disobey you." You whispered with tears in your eyes as he smiled and hugged you once more.

"You're our good girl, you could never disobey us." He whispered running his hand through your hair.

"Why don't I let Steven out to treat your wound." He said as you nodded and wiped your eyes.

Steven had sat down with you and fussed over you all afternoon.
Making sure you weren't hurt and had plenty of tea and blankets.
You cuddled up to him and slowly fell asleep as he kissed your forehead.

"Sleep well, love."