24 | FULL KOOK |

Outer Banks, the TwinkieJuly 14th, 202010:20pm

July 14th, 2020
10:20pm

"Did you speak with my brother?" Sarah asked me as we got in the van. "He said he'd go see you"

"Yeah, he apologised," I rolled eyes. "He even told me he loved me, can you believe this?"

JJ scoffed. "That's how abusive husband act all the time. They hurt you and then they come back with some flowers telling you they're sorry and they love you," he explained with a mocking tone.

"JJ!" Kiara argued and the whole van went quiet.

We remained silent for a long time, and everyone (besides JJ and I) looked more or less confused about the fact my best friend was mad at me for reasons they ignored. As we drove over to the place, my eyes laid on how dark the night was and it was almost creepy. It felt like not even the moon could help our eyes viewing the landscapes, and it took us a little time to adapt to the darkness. We parked the van as we arrived at the emplacement and I felt a tiny bit of excitement.

"Wait, wait wait," John B interrupted as JJ swung open the van's door. "I wanna say thank you, guys, seriously. It means a lot to me that you're here tonight"

His eyes laid on each one of us and of course laid on his girlfriend, lingering on her face and lips. I had been surprised by how much Kiara and Sarah got along which meant my plan had worked more than planned and maybe they weren't only agreeing to collaborate but actually had bounded with each other again. I liked to see them gathered since they were both important parts of my life and seeing them laugh and joke together made my heart feel so much better.

Anyways, two people who didn't get quite along were JJ and I, since after I had friendzoned him, all he did was ignore me or act throw me rapid reproaches like the one he had with Rafe being an abusive boyfriend. I knew he was hurt but playing the victim and blaming it all on me when I had shown him no clue of potential feelings towards him was not fair. The boy could be upset of course but not knowing when he's stop being so childish made me anxious, because I couldn't stand to have him far from me, just like the others.

After we told John B it was okay and would never had missed it, we stepped out of the van and got in the huge yard. If JJ wasn't mad at me, I would have held his hand because the huge mansion scared me a lot, but after taking a deep breath I chose not to hold anyone's hand because I didn't want to seem weak. They had all gone there (besides Sarah) a few days earlier but I was too busy slamming with Rafe, which I regretted now but there was nothing I could do about it afterwards.

We stepped towards the house and the lights switched on, which caused all of us to hide behind bushes and I covered my mouth with my hand in shock. "Holy shit guys!" I whispered making sure they were all safe.

"She has motion sensor lights," Pope explained softly.

We all nodded unsure what to do next and that's when JJ came up with the genius plan we all needed. "We could hum.. move really slowly maybe?" he offered.