Chapter 3

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't updated. I have four other stories that I work on, my Tamaki x Kyoya x reader from OHSHC and my two America x readers from Hetalia. Also I have a new story, The Girl in the Wood. It's also about a cat person. If you like those animes you should check them out! Another note: I can't believe I haven't mentioned his already but in this fanfic Akito is a boy. It doesn't have anything to do with this chapter, I just thought it was important to know.

A shake. Gentle, yet unceasing. It grew to a tapping on my arm, then a more rapid shake. I rolled over on the couch, clutching the blanket. The shaking dissipated, and became a whisper close to my ear.

"Y/N. Hey, Y/N. It's morning." A voice softly explained. "You have to go to school." Still my groggy mind blocked out the annoying reminder. My eyes squeezed together tighter, and I pulled the blanket up over my head, creating a wall to block out all the outside problems. I heard a frustrated sigh as the blanket was forcefully tugged away. The cold air blew in as one of my eyes opened.

A blur of orange and sunlight. Sunlight filtering in from screen doors, highlighting the orange head that sat in front of me. Kyo.

"Alright, Y/N, how about a deal. You get up, I make you breakfast." Kyo bargained with me. "I'm going to stay home. I don't want to risk it. I do feel better, though."

I flashed a tired smile as I pulled myself into a sitting position. My hair had been pulled up into two braids the night before. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I followed Kyo into the kitchen. I sat down at the table, adjusting my t-shirt and shorts.

"Jeez, Y/N, you always fall asleep so hard, one of these days I'm going to have to throw you into a pool to wake you up." Kyo said as he got out the eggs and bread. Tohru appeared on the stairs and grinned when she saw me.

"Y/N! I thought you were here! Good morning!" She said.

"Good morning." I said, brushing my hair back. Kyo nodded as he cracked the eggs into a pan.

"Kyo, you're making breakfast? Thanks!" Tohru said brightly. Kyo groaned quietly as he got out more eggs and bread.

"Might as well make breakfast for everyone. Good thing I'm not going to school." Kyo said with a huff. Right on cue, Shigure danced out into the kitchen, followed by a very... interesting looking Yuki.

Yuki, well, let's just say he's not really a morning person like Shigure is. His hair was fluffed up and tangled, and his eyes were still closed.

"Hello Y/N. Going to school soon?" Shigure sang like a natural-born morning person. Yuki groaned at Shigure's singsongy voice.

"Yep." I undid the braids and combed through my post-braid wavy hair with my fingers.

After the breakfast of eggs and toast, I waltzed up into the bathroom, where I changed into my uniform and did a final brush through my hair before setting out to school with Tohru.

Tohru was as usual.

"So, Y/N, how have things been between you and Kyo?" She asked me. I gave a slight embarrassed blush before saying, "Uh, good?" She looked happy.

Halfway to school, we crossed paths with a middle school boy. He was sitting up on a fence and was kicking his legs against the side of the fence.

"Are you Y/N?" He said forcefully.

"Oh, it's Hiro! Y/N, this is Hiro. Is Kisa with you?" Tohru asked gleefully.

"Nope, she's got a cold. She's staying home today." He said. "You are Y/N, right?" He asked seriously.

"Uh-huh." I said.

He looked very serious, but then jumped off the wall and ran down the street, singing "Y/N and Kyo sitting in a tree! K I S S I N G!" He disappeared down a street corner. I laughed because we do kiss in trees. How ironic.

"Ugh, Hiro! That's rude!" Tohru called out after the middle school boy.

"Ah, that's okay." I dismissed the immature boy. I shook my head and chuckled.

When we got to school, Tohru walked to her locker, where Uo and Hana were waiting. We met up and conversed before the bell rang.

My first hour was boring. The teacher had hired a substitute that had no idea what he was doing, so we ended up worse than before. Boys were yelling and making dirty jokes while the girls were talking loudly with their friends. It was awful. I was on my phone the entire time.

As each hour progressed, it got more stale and uninteresting. I considered putting an earbud in my ear. Perhaps it could be hidden under my hair.

I could hardly stand it in Fourth Hour, but that was fine, because I got called to the office.

"Hmm, what could it be for? A note? Is Mom here to pick me up?" I wondered as I shuffled down the silent hall to the office.

Tim, my mother's co-worker was there.

"Tim, what's the matter? Is something wrong?" He nodded as we got into his car. And he drove.

To the hospital.

OMG, I need to apologize for many things here! One, I'm sorry for there being a huge gap between postings, I am working hard on it. Two, I'm sorry for the horrible cliffhanger. It really is awful. And three, I'm sorry it's so short. I will start the next chapter as soon as I publish this one.

Okay, bye, and sorry for ripping out your heart with all the feels ( T_T)(^-^ )