CHAPTER 16

"The weather is so nice today " Jiyeon closed her eyes to feel the ray of sun kissing her crystal fair skin. She looked at Chaeha who are walking next to her. "Right, Chaeha? "

The servant nodded. "Yes, my lady. Today is a bright, breezy day"

Jiyeon smiled, picking up the watering can she was holding and began watering the plants that surrounds the mansion.

Her smile widened when she remembered the night at the ball. That night where she dances with the man she admires the most and for so long.

"My lady, I didn't know watering the plants can make you smile like that. "

Jiyeon laughed at what Chaeha said. She shook her head then faced the servant.

"Am I smiling? "

The latter nodded her head. "You are, my lady. "

Jiyeon chuckled, shaking her head instead of answering the servant.

"If you want my lady, you can water these plants everyday so you can smile like that everyday. "

"Yeah, I might do that. " Jiyeon replied, considering the maid's suggestion even though watering the plants isn't really the reason behind her smiles. "I will do that. "

Surprisingly, Jinseo, Jiyeon's mother, was alright with her daughter doing some of the chores. As long as it's not the heavy ones like doing the laundry and stuff.

Plus according to Chaeha, Jiyeon loves the plants. So it is not a surprise when she suddenly want to water them.

"Chaeha."

"Yes, my lady? " the servant asked.

Jiyeon watered the pot attached on the bricks before facing the servant. "Have you ever liked someone? "

Hearing this, the Chaeha's eyes widened from the unexpected question. She shook her head too instantly that came a bit suspicious to Jiyeon.

The latter raised her brow before breaking into a teasing smile. She put her hand on her mouth while leaning towards Chaeha then whispered.

"I won't tell anyone, it's gonna be a secret between us. "

Chaeha's ears turned red as she avoided her lady Jiyeon's gaze. She slowly nodded her head.

"Really?! Who is it? " Jiyeon asked with an enthusiastic voice.

The servant faint a smile. "It doesn't matter, my lady. He's no longer working here and it's already been a while since I last saw him. "

"Oh, so he worked here? "

Chaeha nodded.

"Where is he now though? "

"I'm not really sure, my lady. But I heard he was transferred to work in the Cotton Mill. " the servant answered.

Jiyeon nodded in understatement while letting an 'ahh' sound. She began watering the plants once again.

"You, my lady? Do you like someone? "

Jiyeon froze. No, not because of what the servant's question but because of the familiar figure entering the Min residence.

A wide smile spreading her lips, eyes glued to him as the familiar man walked towards the mansion.

"My lady? I think the can is now empty. " Jiyeon heard Chaeha said next to her. "Do you want me to fill it again? "

She nodded unconsciously, letting Chaeha take the watering can from her grasp as her eyes never leave the man's figure.

He looks ethereal.

Indeed he is. In Jiyeon's eyes, he look like those models in runways. And she couldn't help but to feel and hear her heart beats uncontrollably inside her ribcage.

Especially when Jungwon's gaze landed on her, making their eyes meet. Everything suddenly moved in slow motion. It's as if Jiyeon's world suddenly stop.

"Good day to you, lady Min. " the man slightly bowed his head.

"H-hi." Jiyeon stuttered, suddenly remembering the words the man told her the other night that made her speechless and made her feel the whole damn zoo in her stomach that night.

Until now.

"You look magnificent, lady Min. "

Those are the exact words the man let out before they parted ways that certain night.

Jungwon smiled, glancing at the mansion. "Is mister Min here? "

Jiyeon kinda expected that the man came for her father and not for her. That's why it is not a surprise to hear the man's question.

Though she still hoped he came for her and for her father.

She hummed, smiling while nodding her head. "He's inside the house, in his office if I'm not mistaken. "

Jungwon nodded, thanking her before making his way towards the direction of the Min's mansion. And that resulted to the other to pout from the lack of attention and interaction from the man.

He's back with it again.

She thought, referring to those times where the man barely give her attention. Those times before that night.

Jungwon on the other hand was smiling widely and he didn't know why.

Maybe because he had the chance to see her again? To talk to her again? Or maybe because he had witnessed those smiles again?

Jungwon is not sure. But what he's sure about is he's acting differently when it comes to her. Just like what happened now.

If it's another circumstances, he won't bat an eye to anyone, especially that he's in the residence or territory of an influential family. He would walk and do his job immediately, no stopping by or having a conversation to anyone.

He would not waste his time and act oblivious if the person he came for is in the house or not when he's certain they're in there.

Just like what he did a few seconds ago with the only daughter of the Min couple.

What are you doing to me, Lady Min?

Jungwon remembers what he said to himself before. About not associating himself or having a connection with an upper class.

And yet here he is, wanting someone's attention. Craving someone's attention. From the upper class.

Jungwon glanced at Jiyeon who is now back in watering the plants. A smile crept on his lips. He shook his head before entering the mansion.

Really, what are you doing to me, Lady Min?