CHAPTER 18

Three days.

Jiyeon waited for three days in front of their house while watering the plants. She waited for the familiar man to show up and come in the Min residence but to her dismay, he didn't.

And that left the girl upset.

Sometime, she would think that maybe Jungwon's job was done that's why he's no longer coming in their house. But most of the times, her mind was telling her that he might be upset because of the dinner he had with them not too long ago.

Right, Jiyeon's mother didn't like someone, a 'peasant' as she worded, joining their dinner. And she knew her brother didn't like it too and it shows from his expression throughout the dinner even though he had not said anything to offend the man unlike her mother.

Jiyeon is aware that her parents won't be that accepted of her and Jungwon at first since, well, they have power while Jungwon doesn't. They're influential while Jungwon isn't. They're known while Jungwon is nothing but a normal citizen.

But that will change as they will eventually accept them when people will try to tear them apart. Jiyeon knows it. It's written in the history after all.

Back to that night when Jungwon joined them for dinner, Jiyeon is also aware that the man was uncomfortable. And it shows when he was silent throughout the dinner. He would only talk when a member of family, mostly her father, would ask him questions and stuff. He didn't even bid her goodbye when he left the Min residence.

That's why Jiyeon can't help but to conclude that the man might be upset with her.... Or sometimes, her mind would think that his job was just done that's why he no longer come in their house.

Jiyeon deeply sighed, her lips pouting as she watched the sprinkling water come off from the watering can.

"Are you tired, my lady? "

Chaeha asked, noticing the distress from the girl's face. Jiyeon sighed once again.

"Chaeha, do you want to go in the city again? " the latter asked with a 'not interested' tone instead of answering the servant's question. She looked at Chaeha who's now looking at her nervously.

Jiyeon understand if the servant did not want to go back in the city after what happened that day. Chaeha's probably traumatized by the punishment she got after that certain day. She totally understand it.

So with that being said, Jiyeon smiled and nodded her head before speaking. "It's alright if you don't want to. "

Chaeha immediately shook her head. "It's not that I don't want to, my lady. I'm just afraid of what will happen if-"

"I won't run away nor leave you just like what I did before, just so you know. " she interrupted her.

Hearing this, the servant smiled. "Do you missed strolling around the city, my lady? "

Oh hell naw, I just want to see him...

"Yeah, I miss the vibe of the city, the sound of the people talking in the distance and the carriages. Even the sight of the awesome buildings. " Jiyeon answered, sighing while putting a sad face to trick her servant.

And she succeeded as Chaeha finally nodded. "If that so my lady, why are we still here then? "

-