34

Weeks Later (again)

"Yes it's only been three days but I miss him" I cuddled my cushion, ignoring Ashley and Gail's cooing. Evan laughed. "You guys just aren't in love"

"Well" Evan said and I grinned at him. "Evan gets it, you two are just looking for your fish"

"Actually, I have you know I have someone ever since I broke up with Liam" Gail winked. We all looked to Ashley.

"Just me, myself and I" she shrugged and we laughed.

"We do not need to hear about your late-night antics" Evan was ready to sip on his tea when Ashley's cushion struck him across the face. I laughed to the point I had tears in my eyes.

"We don't especially want to hear your history of frolicking with guys" I commented.

"I'm four five seconds from kicking you all, so watch your back from now on" she threatened but the smile on her face erased it's meaning.

"In fact, I have to get going to go to Emma's parents' house" Evan stood up. "I can drop you off both of you want"

The girls stood up also and the trio gave me a hug. "I'll be fine, I'll have Lilly"

"Good good, bye!" They chorused and exited my house. I turned on some music softly and got on with clearing up for Ross' arrival later tonight. I placed our mugs in the dishwasher and looked up a fancy-pancy meal for two.

Once the bacon & mushroom quiche was in the oven, I ran myself a fast shower and got into one of Ross' shirts and my comfy leggings. After I got ready, I grabbed the home phone and called Ross.

The phone rang for a whole two minutes before going into the answer phone. I allowed some time to pass and called again.

He picked up after 4 rings. "Hey babe! How's it going? Why did you take so long"

"That's because he's busy, hun"

I shivered at the female voice, on my fiancé's phone. "W-What?"

"I said he's busy, you're Charlie aren't you?" She asked.

"Yes. Who is this?"

"It's Ross' co-worker, Dinah" she said. "He's just taking a shower and I'm killing time before our flight back"

"Why are you in his room though? Surely you'd have your own, considering he's engaged"

"I do, but we share a suite, just different beds, although, last night we managed to push them together because we both keep falling off" she giggled. "But he's safe and sound, don't worry your head, kid"

"I'm not a kid" I growled.

Dinah giggled. "Would you like to leave Ross a-"

There was shuffling and then Ross' voice was audible. "H-Hey baby girl"

"I'll deal with you when you get here" I hissed. "Say goodbye to Dinah for me"

And with that I hung up.

Ross Lynch

"Hold up- Charlie wait-" she hung up on my face. "Well, she says goodbye"

"She sounds sweet, a bit big in her boots but cute nonetheless" Dinah was looking at her nails. I dropped my phone and turned to my suitcase to find my underwear. She touched my bicep. "Why would you?"

"Why would I what?" I continued.

"Marry her, she's a baby" she complained.

"But I love her" I replied briefly.

"But do you really?" Dinah said as I walked to the bathroom.

"Listen, we're co-workers. You have nothing to do with my business, who I marry or even answer my phone because right now, I could make or break you" I warned coldly. "And what happened yesterday was a mistake, it should never happen. You took advantage of me"

"But you loved it and wanted more! For that one moment, I was your everything and you can't change that" she winked. I turned around.

"You were never my everything"

+++

I closed the front door hesitantly, dropping my bags. "Charlie?"

Water was running from the kitchen so I followed the sound. She was sat at the table, picking at food.

She cooked for me and all.

"How was Switzerland?" She didn't look up.

"Beautiful, I brought you something"

"Anything else?" She finally looked at me. "Or shall I say, anyone else?"

I sighed. "Dinah is my-"

"Co-worker, I know. But she had no business in your room, unless, that is what you wanted" Charlie crossed her arms.

"It was a one-off and I admit, I told her to wait in my room but that was only because she wasn't exactly feeling well"

"She sounded great over the phone, a bit flirty even. I can't tell if she was hinting at cheating or a threesome" Sarcasm dripped from her words. I ran a hand through my hair.

"Charlie I didn't-"

"Stop!" She suddenly yelled, her eyes glassy. "Stop..lying to me"

"Baby" I held her in my arms then cupped her face with my hands. "I haven't cheated on you"

"Say it to me, and look me in the eyes" she reached up herself and held my face in place.

I tried to force the words out of my mouth but, it is impossible to lie directly to the person you love the most. Once the eye contact was broken, it was almost audible the sound of her heart breaking; she released a squeak and sobbed.

"Charlotte listen to me, she forced herself on me-"

"That is a lie. If you can carry me up those stairs 4 times you can most definitely push her off you" her mood ranged from furious to upset.

"Please, just forgive me" I held her hands in mine. "I'm just getting paranoid about this marriage thing and we had a few drinks then-"

She pulled her hands away from mine. "Don't touch me"

I watched as she backed away from me almost delusional and rushed upstairs.

Charlie Brown

"But where are you off to?!" Mom asked.

"I'm not sure yet, but you can disown me if you want. I'm not marrying him" I threw my clothes into a bag and slid some UGGS on.

"Charlie you need to calm-"

"There is nothing to be calm about. I've had my heart broken, again" I sobbed. "And it hurts more than all your bones broken at once. I'll call when I land"

With one hand on my bag and another with my phone, I pulled it down the stairs. Lilly came running to me and I said my last goodbyes to her. Only then I noticed Ross looking at me.

"Where are you going?" He said quietly.

"Away" I replied briefly. "Most of my clothes are here, you can get rid of them, burn them or save them for your new girlfriend. I won't need them"

"But where are you-"

I slid past him towards the door. "Goodbye Ross"