thirty-six

thirty-six, preparations

the week of the annual met gala drew closer, meaning elsie had to go and get last minute adjustments to her dress before the met.

it was also elsie's first time seeing her dress and she was beyond excited to see what her mother had in store for her.

she had absolutely no idea what her mother created for her to wear but she had full faith in her moms creative abilities.

"hi elsie. here to see your mom?" the receptionist asked once she saw the young girl walk through the room.

"yeah, is she here?" elsie asked with a soft smile.

"she's in her office."

elsie quickly thanked the woman before entering her mother's office with a smile on her face.

"hi mom." elsie greeted causing kaira to glance up and smile once she set her eyes on her daughter.

"sweetheart! how was australia?" kaira asked as she stood up and pulled elsie into a hug.

'it was absolutely amazing mom! it was like i wasn't famous. there weren't any paparazzi's following my every move." elsie gushed excitedly.

"i'm glad you had fun, honey. now, are you ready to see your dress?" kaira asked with a small smirk.

"are you kidding? it's all i've been able to think about this last week." elsie remarked causing kaira to chuckle at her daughters dramatics before she led the girl to where her dress was.

"hopefully we don't have to make any drastic adjustments and only minor ones." kaira told her daughter before she opened the door to reveal the dress.

elsie covered her mouth with her hands as she stared at her dress with wide eyes.

"oh my god, you didn't!" elsie gasped as she took a few steps toward the dress.

"i know how much you absolutely adored marilyn monroe growing up and with this years theme being based around american fashion, it only seemed fitting to pick one of the america's fashion icons from the years." kaira explained before elsie hugged her mom excitedly.

"i absolutely love it mom! you truly outdid yourself." elsie gushed happily causing a smile to appear on kaira's face.

"i'm glad you like it, ellie." kaira stated as the two pulled away.

"like it? i love it! can i try it on?" elsie asked excitedly.

"go ahead." kaira smiled before she helped elsie into the dress.

"it fits you perfectly, honey." kaira smiled as she zipped up the dress while elsie fixed the sleeves of the dress.

elsie stared at herself in the mirror before turning around to glance at the back of the dress.

the girl could already envision the million different ways she'd do her hair and makeup.

"how does it feel?" kaira asked as she fixed the dress to fit nicely against elsie's figure.

"it feels great. it's not like other dresses where it feels itchy and makes your skin irritated. i truly love this dress mom." elsie gushed as she flattened her dress.

"i knew you'd like it." kaira smiled in relief before she looked up at her daughter.

"tell me, how was filming? i want to hear all about your whirlwind summer romance with mr butler." kaira stated causing elsie to look at her mom with confusion.

"how did you know?" elsie asked in disbelief.

"your sister told me but i had already put two and two together, gwen." kaira told her daughter pointedly.

"i birthed and raised the both of you. i know my daughters best."

"we've been dating since the end of july but we haven't told many people so you can't go and blab to donatella." elsie told her mom with an accusing finger pointed at her.

"oh, would you stop that? i do not blab to donatella." kaira scoffed.

"and how did donatella know luke and i broke up?" elsie asked with a raised eyebrow.

"fine but she suspected it was coming. he didn't treat you like you should've been treated." kaira reminded her daughter.

"i know but austin treats me really good mom. like insanely good. i've never been happier." elsie smiled causing kaira to smile as well.

"i'm glad you're happy sweetheart but your father and i would like to meet the man that has stolen the heart of our daughter." kaira remarked causing elsie to roll her eyes.

"you'll meet him soon but for now, i want to keep him to myself."

"can't do much of that with jackie in the house."

"mom!" elsie gasped before the two bursted into a fit of laughter.

elsie had missed her mother and was glad that she was getting to bond with her like this.

BELLA'S CORNER

verona family supremacy

my fav nepo baby is definitely maya hawke wbu?

the met gala is next chapter AHHH