19

The silver cross hadn't left her neck since she was gifted it three weeks ago

The silver cross hadn't left her neck since she was gifted it three weeks ago. February arrived and the only time Aurora had seen Weston was at the charity event.

Was he avoiding her?

During lunch the other week, Aurora overheard a girl, Harley, gossiping with her friends.

"So? Give us the deets," A redhead, Trisha, demanded.

"And leave nothing out! I want to feel like I was there instead of in here with eyes on me all the time. For god sake, it's not my fault Julia walked through the door and not that dick Brendan! The mud pool wasn't meant for her, but of course she didn't understand that. Can you believe I'm on laundry duty for another two weeks?" Sabina rattled on.

Harley looked annoyed at her rambling, "How about you hush so I can tell you." Sabina merely rolled her eyes and sipped her water.

Her story started off boring and Aurora zoned out but her interest quickly peaked again at the mention of a certain somebody.

"It was only a party for close friends and family but obviously I was invited since my mum's friend's with Weston and Josh's mum."

Weston had a party? Or maybe it was his parents' party?

"We got through the boring stuff. You know, dinner and things and then Weston and Josh cut the cake. The cake was actually pretty good," Harley described.

Aurora's brows furrowed. Why would there be cake? And why would Weston and Josh be cutting it? Weston's birthday had already passed. Perhaps it was Josh's birthday?

"What was the flavour?" Sabina questioned as she ate the carrot cake.

"It was vanilla. But that's besides the point! Anyway," she sighed, "the night went on and I made my way over to Weston. The next thing I know, we're kissing and he's taking me up to his bedroom." She was smug.

"No fucking way!" Trish's eyes were wide. "I said details, you're not giving them."

"And you're not gonna get them. I don't kiss and tell," she smirked.

Noelle, Maisie and Max were sat with Aurora. Everyone heard the conversation on the other table. Max looked confused and Noelle and Maisie's eyes saddened.

"I'm so sorry, Aurora," Noelle soothingly rubbed Aurora's hand.

"What are you talking about?" Aurora shrugged. "Nothing to be sorry about."

"Aurora, come on," Maisie said in a tone as if to say 'don't try and kid yourself'.

"There's nothing to be sorry about," Aurora annunciated. "I've got to go anyway. University applications await."

Aurora felt betrayed even though they had no commitments to each other, they'd never said anything explicitly but it was all shown through their actions towards one another.