Prologue: Meet Class E

It's very early in the morning. I've been up all night listening to the Frozen Broadway soundtrack. I don't know what I'm doing right now.

Enjoy.

*°•☆ ● ☆•°**

Walking into the main building as a bit more than overwhelming to Pix at first. There were tables for each class to get their books, agendas, and IDs at, and there had to be about a hundred students in each line. Well, it seemed it, anyway.

Off to the right, there were three boys walking together, two taller and darker-haired walking on either side of a much smaller, paler, and lighter-haired boy with brightly coloured wings, and the boy in the middle was giggling about something the brunette had said. As they past by, Pix could see another three guys who looked much older, one with some kind of mechanical parts, one with wolf-like ears, and the other with an over-sized, mossy, green sweater on. They were walking in the same direction as the other three. They must be in the same class, then.

Down the middle was a group of rather immature-looking folks messing around instead of actually getting the things to start their school year. There were two boys in particular who seemed to be having a swell time, one very tall blonde boy in a red and white shirt and one much shorter brunette boy with bleached ends in a green button-up. Another fella joined them not much longer after Pix noticed them, though it was hard to tell what gender they were. They had a rather masculine build from what Pix could tell, but they had long, black and white hair that looked very well-kept and intricately braided. Pix shrugged. It's not my business anyway.

Looking all the way to the left, Pix could see a very familiar pink tutu. Katherine Elizabeth. She was one of Pix's only friends when they went to school back in their hometown, GlimmerGrove, and she only agreed to apply to go to Arcane Academy because Pix said he was set on going. Katherine's ability was a very simple, standard one  but it has a bit of an interesting quirk to it. She was gifted with the power of super strength, but it's only activated when she feels some kind of sense of security, confidence, or strong motivation. Otherwise, she's just like everybody else. Pix had always found it quite funny that she out of all people would be granted super strength, but seeing her use her power made Pix realize just how fitting it really is.

Pix began his way over to her. "Hey, Katherine," he called, waving.

She looked up from the campus map she was holding in one hand and smiled at the sight of her friend. "Pix,  hello!" She fumbled with the mountain of books and folders and papers in her arms before she was able to wave back to him. "You dressed nice for the first day, huh?" she teased, looking him up and down.

A slight blush of embarrassment rose on Pix's cheek at the comment. He'd worn a deep blue dress shirt and khakis that weren't ripped and stained for once, along with a new, shiny pair of black riding boots. "I, uh... I figured it'd be a tough first impression for me to dress how I normally do," he admitted. When it came to attire, Pix did the bare minimum. Katherine always said he was strangely able to pull off the "raggedy look," as she called it, though showing up in well-loved, tattered clothes wasn't the best idea in Pix's opinion.

Katherine giggled. "That's fair," she said. She glanced over at the table she'd just been at. "You should probably sign in and get a map. This place is huge, and our class building is on the other side of the enitre campus."

Pix grimaced. "That's a lot of walking," he commented, leaning over to sign his name on a clipboard. It had the rest of his classmates's names on it, his and Katherine's being last. The rest of them must be upperclassmen, then. The lady sitting at the table then handed him his books and ID. She offered him a map, but he declined saying he didn't need one.