Episode 55

A
DIAMOND
💎
HEART

Episode 55

The playlist for this chapter is 'Sam Sun - Remember When' do enjoy🎶🎶🎶

Fernando's POV Cont'd

On getting downstairs I noticed the club was bubbling as usual. The blaring music in the club was almost ear-deafening. Well, it's none of my business as far as my customers liked it. I headed straight for the door with no destination in mind. I just needed to breathe and stay away from her.

I can't believe I made love to a woman I'm so angry at. What kind of spell did she cast on me to have made me fall for her again? How did she even know where to find me? I was almost close to the door when I heard someone yell "brother!"

I halted and shut my eyes closed briefly. That's my younger brother's voice for sure. What is he doing here by this time of the night? Scratch that, it's not like it's that late but he should be home playing video games or something. Now isn't the right time for us to see each other.

I turned around and ascertain he was truly the one. I watched him as he approached me. "Suarez, what are you doing here?"

"I came to have a few drinks with a couple of friends. I wasn't expecting to see you here, when did you guys return and why didn't you head home first?"

"I...I just got back a couple of minutes ago. I had one or two things to fix up here first before going home" I lied.

"Oh I see, you should have asked me to do that for you than flying back without completing your honeymoon vacation with your lovely wife" he grins widely and I cleared my throat and forced a smile. "Where is she though?"

I glanced briefly upstairs and I returned my gaze at my brother. "She's upstairs" I answered sternly.

His brow twitched like he was in doubt. "What's up, bro? I'm not seeing those sparks that come to your eyes whenever I mention your wife's name. Did you two fight?".

"Huh? No, no, not at all. We are cool, c'mon kiddo, we just got married there's no way we'll start quarreling so soon" I forced a light chuckle to make him believe me while deep down my heart I was angry and sad.

"You two better not fight if not I'll be the one to knock your teeth off if you hurt that woman" he jokes and I snorted.

"You don't say, who gave you the balls to fight with a boss like me? Before you think of it, you should get trained first".

"You'd see" he laughs and I smiled. "Where are you going? Do you want me to drive you guys home?"

"No, no I don't want you to, we are not going home just yet, thanks. I'll be right back, I want to pick up something from my office".

"Okay, I'll just check up on your wife and see how she's doing while you're away".

Check up on my wife? Why? I can't allow that, she might tell him of the divorce I'm seeking from her and I'll be screwed. If my mom gets to know about it, that's danger for me. "I don't think so, buddy. My wife is sleeping at the moment and she wouldn't like to welcome any guest".

"Oh okay, I'll see you guys at home then. Let me return to my friends" he gave me a brief hug and returned to his friends.

I heave a sigh of relief and turn around to leave. As I made way my back to the door, I collided with someone because I wasn't focused on where I was going.

Thoughts of that woman are enough to make me zone out of reality. "I'm sorry please...."I trailed off when I saw it was my best friend I collided with. "Antonio?!" I whisper-yelled.