Chapter 21: Olivia.

🖋When is a monster not a monster? oh, when you love it. -Unknown🖋

Niara's POV:

"The windows are tinted darling."

"Right.." I say.

I locked eyes with him as I sat straddled on his lap, his arm still wrapped around my waist.

"Hm?" he hummed before pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

My breathing hitched as we both admired each other "How are you so pretty?" he mumbled to himself almost breathlessly.

I let out a breathy laugh "I'm not.."

His eyes narrowed at me "Don't lie" was all he said before leaning in and kissing me.

As we were kissing a loud knock was heard from the window, making me jump and bang my head on the roof.

"Ow!" I yelped as my hands shot up to cup my head.

I quickly scattered over to the other side of the car as Killian let out a string of cuss words.

He rolled his window down as he looked up at the person who knocked on the window.

In was a man who seemed to be mid twenties. He wore a black suit and had dreads that was pulled back into a short ponytail.

"Oh sorry! I didn't realize you had company" he laughed nervously as he noticed me. Killian seemed to intimidate a lot of people.

"It's fine Derek, we were just coming inside" he said, sounding a bit aggravated. "Did you need something?"

"Oh I was just a bit worried because well.. your car was parked here for a while but you never came out."

I patted down my hair as the two men conversed. How embarrassing.. although the windows are tinted I still feel like I was caught doing something wrong.

"Well, we should head inside" Killian says, tapping my thigh to get my attention.

I nodded, looking up as I noticed the guy, Derek, was gone.

Killian exited the car, coming around to open the door for me.

I mumbled a small thanks as I stood up out of the seat.

I followed behind him as he walked towards the tall building. I took all in, it was a light building but when you got to the doors it was darker and had dark oak wood framing the doors, speaking of doors I noticed it had one of them rotating doors.

There was bushes decorating the outside of the building, so it didn't look plain at all.

"Have you ever visited your father's workplace?"

I looked up at him as we were now walking next to each other.

Now that I think about it, I've never been to father's workplace. Although I've seen the outside of his building plenty of times.

"No actually.." I answered.

"Do you plan on working for him later on?"