*33. rink-o-maniac

RINK-O-MANIAC

RINK-O-MANIAC

✧・゚: * "Have fun," the lady at the counter hands the group of five their skates.

"Thank you," El nods, leading Mike, Will, Nora, and Max to the booth they've claimed to put their roller skates on.

Max met them at Rink-O-Mania, proving Nora's prayers have been answered, and the redhead's mood already seems brightened. She was telling Nora how she grabbed a fancy breakfast with her dad and they had a really good time talking shit about Max's mom!

"I should warn you," Max says to Nora as they finish tying their shoes. "The only wheels I'm good on are a skateboard's."

"Don't worry about it," Nora puts her hand out as they stand up, starting after the other three who got up first. "I'll catch you."

Max smiles softly as she places her hand into Nora's outreached one, "you better."

They skate around in circles for a bit, Nora and Max laughing at the fact that despite Nora's reassurances, she's no pro at roller skating either. The two also go on either side of Will for a bit, the trio subtly making fun of Mike's skating skill and the lack-there-of.

After awhile they stop skating and go back to their booth, ordering milkshakes and french fries.

"I'm telling you, just one bite!" Max tries feeding Nora a french fry.

"I won't! I can't do it," Nora looks at the milkshake coating over the fry. "It goes against everything I believe in."

"This is insanely good," Will says, dipping yet another fry into his vanilla milkshake, taking Max's advice.

"See!" Max points excitedly. "Try it, try it, try it, try-"

"Milkshakes?" Another voice suddenly comes up from behind the side Nora, Max, and Will are all sitting on. "Yum!"

Nora turns around from her middle seat to see some blonde chick wearing a pair of shorts that are way too small on her walk up the group, looking at El and Mike's side as she skates up with a boy and girl trailing behind her.

"Where, oh where have you been hiding this handsome thing?" She rests the palm of her hands on the table as she leans into Mike.

"Angela," Will whispers discretely to Nora to give her some background.

"Who?" Max whispers over El's response to the girl.

"El's best friend who isn't actually her best friend, but she's pretending she's her best friend," Nora clarifies, but Max just looks more confused.