𝟔 | 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝒈𝒍𝒐𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 - 𝒕𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, 𝒅𝒖𝒔𝒌┈┈┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈┈┈

┈┈┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈┈┈

"Come on!" Cheong-San gently, but promptly, tugs you along by your wrist, instantaneously noticing how your other hand clutches the opposite shoulder, grip tightening as you try to fight off a wince before it makes way onto your face. He turns his head to the side fleetingly to check on you, concerned, but before he gets the chance to question it, out of nowhere, a zombie springs forward from an adjacent classroom, practically flying catatonically as it knocks both of you to the ground. The precious phone and possibly last hope for a lifeline in Cheong-San's now-loosened hold skids across the floor and he clambers to have it back in his possession. You make it to your feet first, and cursorily lead Cheong-San downstairs into the library after he recollects himself.

On second thought, it probably wasn't the best idea aiming for a seemingly scot-free location, the vicinity sprawling with zombies upon approach, but somehow, the zombies pale in comparison to Gwi-Nam. After all, the undead don't hold grudges, and neither do they use it to fuel their dogged determination.

Cheong-San helps lift you onto a table, urging you to run across the surfaces of the closely oriented wooden desks, hastily giving you a boost onto the top of a bookcase thereafter before he too, follows suit, heaving himself up next to you.

The two of you find yourselves face-to-face with a fellow schoolmate you've never once met before, desperation etched clear as day on his face and fear simmering in his eyes. "Were you bit?" He looks from Cheong-San to you, and back again. "You had to have been, right? There's no way you two made it here unharmed..."

"No, I—" Cheong-San stammers, but without another thought, the male student forces him off, his body hitting the floor with a thump.

"You next." You scoot backward as much as you can without throwing yourself off accidentally and deflect the guy's hand. In your peripheral vision, a brief form in green flashes by, and you know with certainty Cheong-San will be alright.

"I don't think so." Avoiding another grab, you stand up from your squatting position and leap onto the next bookshelf over, stretching your legs as far as they'd go, landing safely.

Thinking over your options, not that there are many when you're trapped in a library, you glance down, observing as Cheong-San dashes in-between rows of shelves, dodging zombies every which way. At last, he throws himself onto the bookcase opposite yours, madly kicking at those grabbing his leg and restricting necessary movements.

You jump forward twice, and then sideways once, trying to get as close to Cheong-San as possible in case he needs any extra help.

"Quick! Over here!" You extend your non-injured arm, kneeling at the very edge, in time to see one despicably clever zombie scaling its own horde to reach Cheong-San. The aptitude, however, fizzles out when it miscalculates human positioning, and rams itself into the overhead light, sparks flying as it breaks, taking the ceiling fixture with it.

Cheong-San grasps your hand and hurdles over just as the glass door of the library is violently thrown open, Gwi-Nam making his way effortlessly across, heartlessly throwing the bespectacled student from earlier into the mouths of looming zombies down below.