𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣. to protect someone

"M-mother, who is that?" the six-year-old girl asked when she saw a body covered in white cloth being transported inside the estate. Her father stood beside them with a blank expression but her mother started to tear up when the men stopped in their tracks and laid down the body in front of them. Shinji, Y/N's father kneeled on one knee and uncovered the cloth and revealed a bloodied corpse, missing an arm.

The little girl's eyes widened in horror upon seeing the body in front of her, Yuri, her mother was too late to cover her child's eyes and only broke down in tears.

"M-my son..." she spoke, hands trembling. The girl was so confused and in denial, but was already starting to cry as well while hugging her mother's torso.

"Stop crying, he brought this fate upon himself" the man of the household said.

"Arashi...no, my son, you're not dead yet, right?" she was about to touch her son's body when her husband snatched her arms away.

"Do not touch that filthy corpse, he's no longer our son, you Y/N, stop crying, you were also part of the reason why this happened, take that corpse away at once" he instructed, the men bowed and followed his orders and took the body away.

"No! Don't take him away! Please!" Yuri pleaded but her husband only ignored her and left them behind with the words:

"When you come in make sure you no longer speak of his name"

Days passed and the poor innocent Y/N realized that her older brother was no longer besides her, it was really him and he's no longer in this world, what's worse, people around her always told her the same narrative:

"It was your fault"

Y/N looked up from the person who said that, it was an unfamiliar blonde boy that was older than her for seven years, she was sure he wasn't a Gojo since she knew everyone in this household. He had a smug look on his face. "I heard you were the reason your brother died, so it's really your fault"

The little girl could only look down, trying to stop tears from falling down.

"No, no, no it wasn't my fault, it wasn't my fault"

"It was your fault! No matter what you say it was your fault, ha, I can't believe I'm going to be related with a murderer in the future! It's your fault, it's your fault!"

"It was my fault!" Y/N suddenly jolted making her sit up, her heart beating fast and breathing heavily, it was already dark outside, and she realized she is in her room. She was panicking, she quickly looked for her phone on the nightstand and dialed Satoru's number.

"Come on, pick it up, pick it up" she mumbled and bit her nails, she was on the verge of crying but the phone was only ringing. She then decided to go out and go to his room in the dormitory, she run towards it and knocked on his door, but no one also answered.

"Shit, Satoru where are you" she was still hyperventilating when she saw a faint light coming from the small window of the last room of the floor.

'Megumi!'

So she ran quickly and knocked on his door, luckily after a few seconds the door opened, the spiky haired boy got surprised when he was suddenly tackled by a hug.

"It's my fault, it's my fault"

"H-hey, hey Y/N what are you saying? Is your condition okay now?" he was utterly confused, the girl was sobbing and hugging him tight.

"I...I killed my brother, it was my fault" he froze when he managed to hear her words in between her sobs, he did not know what to do in these kinds of situations but his hands moved on its own and gently pat her head to calm her down.