32. Divination and snakes

●●●

●●●

Amelia woke early when her stomach growled at her for skipping dinner last night. Breakfast was eventful at the Slytherin table with Draco and his group of friends making impressions of a swooning dementor and then bursting into fits of laughter. Amelia stacked her plate with pancakes and a goblet of orange juice,ignoring her immature classmates ( who also lacked a sense of humor).

"Hey, Potter!" shrieked Pansy Parkinson, "Potter! The Dementors are coming, Potter! Woooooooooo!"

Amelia glanced toward the group, watching as Harry dropped into his seat ignoring her taunts. Her eyes then locked with Theodore Nott's, blue eyes studying her before he ate another bite of his food. Immediately, Amelia looked down at her food. Attentively cutting a piece, cheeks turning pink. She never noticed the boy before. He was always quiet and hang around the common room by himself, reserved but would occasionally talk to Blaise Zabini during class. So, seeing him suddenly socializing with Draco and his group surprised the girl.

But not as surprising as Ernie walking toward her, ignoring the lingering stares of her house-mates, and sat across from the Weasley.

" Oh? You don't ever sit at my table? Something Up?" Amelia questioned, eyebrow raised at the boy's presence.

"Hmm, not necessarily. I got you an early birthday present." He said, pushing a brown box toward her as he stole a bite of Amelia's pancake. Her eyes gleamed in surprise.

" My birthday? Ernie, it's September...My birthday isn't till March." She pulled the box toward her and removed the lid. Her eyes scanned the stack of books, noticing they were all the required books needed for the school year.

" Ernie... You shouldn't have," Amelia sighed, hands covering her mouth at his gesture. She didn't expect him to do such a thing. She had already planned on speaking with her teachers if they had any extra books that she could borrow or rent out.

" Don't start. As I said, it's an early birthday present." He reiterated, "Plus what else am I supposed to do when my friend is struggling to get books."

Amelia smiled at him, she reached over and pulled the boy into a hug. Whispering millions of thank yous into his ear.

" Honestly don't know what I would do without you and Justin." Amelia sat back down and gestured to Ernie to take another bite of her food.

" Don't you have class soon? Put that divination book to good use." He said, accepting her offer.

" Oh, Merlin. I got divination and it's in the north tower." Amelia stuffed the last pancake and bid the Hufflepuff goodbye. She gathered her book bag and walked out of the great hall. Not noticing the eyes that followed her.

The journey to the North tower was a long one. A total of ten minutes of walking until she reached the spiral stairs. She sighed in exhaustion once she reached the top, cursing the stairs and the school's lack of physical education. Thoughts of joining the Slytherin quidditch team crept into her mind. She could be a better seeker than Draco Malfoy. And finally, give the Slytherin team a win.