Part 13

William's lips brushed over mine. His movements were slow at first, almost hesitant not to scare me away. His lips were soft, in contrast with everything else about him. The pressure of his mouth on mine started increasing and it was only when his tongue caressed my bottom lip that I noticed I hadn't moved yet.

William kissed me with such soft and gentle passion that it left me mesmerised, static even.

A grunt escaped my throat as his teeth scraped over my bottom lip, his gentle manner making way for his impatience. I didn't have time to feel embarrassed by my body's reaction to him, as he was already backing me up against his car, removing unnecessary space that was separating us. 

I parted my lips slightly. This was invitation enough for William to slip his tongue into my mouth and start exploring. 

His hands found their way to the back of my neck and his fingertips did equal amounts of exploring as they danced through the strands of my hair. 

A warmth spread through my stomach that I hadn't felt in a long while. I couldn't deny what I was feeling at this moment.

I wanted him. I wanted his embrace, the safety and security that only he could provide. I wanted him in all his passion, with his intense eyes focused on me and me alone.

I couldn't say any of this. 

But I needed more of him. 

I hesitantly placed my palms on his chest. This was the first time that I reached out to him on my own accord... and it simultaneously scared and exhilarated me.

My hands moved to his collar and I pulled him even closer, causing him to moan softly into our kiss. An unmistakable sense of possessiveness flowed through me. I wanted this, I wanted him all to myself. I couldn't stand the thought of him doing this, holding and kissing another woman like we were doing. 

I had no right to feel this way though, it was silly even. William wasn't mine.

I frowned as Sophia's name made an unwelcome appearance in my thoughts. She was the last person I wanted to think of as William's tongue was sliding over my own.

William broke our kiss first. I looked up, unable to hide my confusion. 

He rested his forehead on mine as his breathing came out raggedly.

"Elizabeth, you know me, you know when I want something I do everything in my power to get it." His voice was low and gruff. He lifted his head once more, the intensity of his eyes striking my own. 

"And bloody hell Elizabeth, I've never wanted anything as much as I want you." His arms tightened possessively around my waist. 

I blushed as the full weight of his words hit me. 

He brushed his thumb over my cheek before continuing.

"But I don't want to rush things, not with you. I won't do anything before you're ready." His eyes were searching mine, willing me to say something.

He knew me far too well. At times I wish that he couldn't read me as well as he could. 

I opened my mouth, wanting to respond that I was ready, but I knew this wasn't true. Instead, I said the closest thing to what I was feeling. 

"I do want you..." I answered in a soft whisper, unable to meet his eye. 

I hated sounding this timid, but intimacy wasn't something that came naturally to me. And I couldn't help wondering if he thought less of me for it. 

He was way more at ease with this kind of thing, always initiating what I never dared to. He was probably also used to women who were equally experienced and brazen even.  

Sophia probably had no problem in this department. 

Don't even go there Elizabeth, he told you there was nothing between them anymore.

I shook my head to rid it of all thoughts of a certain leggy blonde. 

He lifted my chin once more so I would look at him. He always did this, hating when I broke that connection. But I knew all too well that once we made eye contact I was vulnerable to the full force of his perceptive gaze. 

"My dear Elizabeth, what are you thinking?" 

There was a beat of silence.

"I'm not good with this type of thing..." I said, gesturing between our bodies that were still impossibly close. 

William fell silent in thought. 

I started fidgetting, wondering if I admitted too much.

He probably thought I was immature...

This was why I didn't do intimacy, it leaves you raw, open to judgement. Open to getting hurt...

A warm smile spread over William's features, so in contrast with my inner turmoil. 

He pulled me into his arms, resting his chin on my head. 

I wonder if he could feel my heart hammering in my chest.

"You know, this might come out incredibly selfish, and maybe I am a little bit, especially when it comes to you. But I'm glad you're not used to this. I'm happy that I get to hold you and kiss you and touch you like no other man ever has. This does not make me think less of you."

He placed a chaste kiss on my forehead, before pulling away so he could look at me once more. 

"Alright," I said, shuffling slightly on the spot.

"Alright," He answered amused. 

"Well, I better get back before my mother starts wondering where I am. I wouldn't put it past her to start spying on me through the bushes."

William chuckled, stepping away from me. 

"See you tomorrow Elizabeth," He said, watching me walk back to my front door.

I inclined my head before going back inside. 

...

I laid on my bed in my pyjamas as everything from the last 24 hours kept replaying in my head.

From our encounter in the filing room, to the dinner we had together (with my whole entire family in tow) to the kiss...

That kiss still left my lips tingling and my heart hammering every time I thought about it. I should've known that kissing William Knight even once would undo me completely. 

And how it has...

My phone pinged with an incoming message.

My heart skipped a beat.

I opened it, certain who it was from to such an extent that the actual sender left me reeling. 

Today 22:55

Hi Elizabeth,

I hope I didn't wake you, but I couldn't stop thinking about you and just had to send you a message.

I was so disappointed when you didn't meet me the other day...

But you can make it up to me.

Have coffee with me tomorrow?

George

And George is at it again...😈

I'm still figuring out this whole writing intimate scenes thing, so please any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

As always, thank you for your support and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

XO

Audrey