Episode 56

A

DIAMOND
💎
HEART

Episode 56

The playlist for this chapter is 'You broke me first - Conor Maynard ' do enjoy🎶🎶🎶

Micaela's POV

"Micaela are you okay?" Antonio asks as we got outside the room and walk towards the elevator.

"Yeah I'm okay, what about you? Hey, look, you're bleeding from your nose!" I said in panic and reached out for his nose and he grimaces and held my hand.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. I'm sorry I brought you here only to watch you being humiliated by your husband".

He pressed the elevator button and it slide open and we walked in. "You're sorry? C'mon Antonio, I should be the one apologizing for coming between you and your best friend. You were only trying to help me but look at what happened, it has turned you two against each other. I've never seen you guys fight throughout high school but you did today because of me. I feel so ashamed of myself".

"Don't say that Micaela. You shouldn't be worried about Fernando and my friendship, you have your marriage to worry about. He is going to divorce you Micaela, and to top it all he is going to put you behind bars. What are you going to do about it?"

He doesn't need to remind me of it now. Now those tears have made their way to my eyes just at the mention of it. "I don't know what to do now" I replied in a husky voice with my head bowed low.

Antonio pulled me into an embrace and I sobbed to his chest. "It'll be alright, I promise. Even though you two get a divorce, I won't ever allow you to go to jail for what you're innocent of".

I pulled away and stared up at him. "No, you can't keep protecting me, I don't want you two to become enemies because of me, please".

"I don't mind becoming enemies with my best friend for a short while just to prove your innocence, Micaela. You are a lady with a good heart, you don't deserve...." Antonio trails off when the elevator door slides open revealing Suarez in the lobby.

"What the hell happened to you, Antonio?!" He exclaimed and Antonio and I shared glances and stepped out of the elevator.

"Ha! I scratched my face on the wall, I wasn't looking where I was going. What are you doing here?"

"I saw you go in with my brother a couple of minutes ago before his wife came asking after him. Didn't she tell you I was the one that told her where to find you guys?" Suarez asks with his gaze directed at me. I blink away and squint at Antonio.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that Antonio" I forced an apologetic smile.

"It's alright. Where is my brother, why is he not with you guys?"

Antonio and I shared a glance for the umpteenth time tonight and I saw him open his mouth to speak before glancing down. "I'll wait for you guys outside," I said and excused myself.

"Outside? Are you leaving without my brother?" Suarez's question got me halting. "What is going on? You two are acting strange" he continues and that got me to turn around.

"You are exaggerating, dude. We just have an important business to attend to, I'm afraid we'll leave you now" Antonio said and came walking towards me.

"Business? You two are lying. Antonio, did you fight with my brother? Because the bruises on your face are not wall scratches like you said. What are you two hiding?" His question got Antonio halting right in front of me while I stared blankly at him.