𖥻 chapter nine

"let's negotiate

"let's negotiate."

꒰🏁꒱

as predicted by ava, heeseung tenses up at the news of someone new being added to the event's lineup. however, he is more than relieved to know that it's a male ─ and a young one at that.

easier to control. much convenient.

ava eyes the boy from afar with her interest peaked ─ as if he's some art piece at the museum. his long, black hair move as the wind blows, bangs covering his almond-shaped eyes. his lips hold a wide, teeth-revealing grin.

got to admit, he's cute.

"hi, you're ava yoon, right?"

she was too absorbed in admiring his youthful traits, she didn't notice that the boy had walked up to her. "yeah! yeah, that's me." she breaths out and grabs his extended hand, shaking it a little. "and you are nishimura riki?"

he nods. "it's so nice to meet you in person. you're a big inspiration to lots of rookies out there, you know?" ava gasps in surprise, trying to suppress the smile that's growing wider on her face.

"w-wow... I'm glad!" she exclaims and rubs the back of her neck, which had started to ache from looking up at the boy for too long. "how tall are you mate?"

riki laughs, bending a little for their faces to be on the same level. "1,87?" ava can't help the loud gasp that goes past her lips. "you're tall tall." "for an eighteen year old? yeah, it's quite the height."

from his car, heeseung observes the exchange between the two. his face contorts in anger, teeth gritting as his grip on the steering wheel tightens.

he exits the car and slams the door close, softly whistling as he shoves his hands on the pockets of his jacket and walks up to them. in no way will he let the two get close.

call him controlling. that's what he is.

"greetings, rookies!" he exclaims in feigned excitement, draping his arm over riki's shoulder and throwing a venomous look at ava, who's anything but willing to play along. screw him & his antics.

"welcome to the game young one!" he chants & taps his chest, head tilting up a little, given that the younger is a tad bit taller than him. "show us what you got k?"

"s─sure!" riki stutters and lets out an awkward laugh, fixing his hair as he offers ava a small smile. "I'll see you later guys." with that, the raven walks away.