Chapter 72

I AM SO TIRED BC OF SCHOOL 🙃 it's scary how I have an exam tomorrow and I don't feel nervous because I'm so tired of it 😂

Enjoy!

*****

"I hate your boyfriend." Milo said as he sat down beside me.

I couldn't help but laugh as he pouted and took a sip of his beer. "And why is that?"

Milo showed me a glare before answering which only made me laugh harder. "Because it's my birthday and it would've been a better gift if he lost the race and let Ace win."

"You didn't like his gift?"

"I loved it, but that's not the point." Milo spent the next ten minutes ranting about the last five laps of the race where Ace and Charles were switching positions left and right. The two drivers were insanely good on the track and it showed that they rightfully held their place as the championship contenders.

"Please don't tell me you're ranting about the race again." A voice from behind us said and Milo and I turned around to see Ace standing there, arms crossed over his chest as he raised an eyebrow at his boyfriend.

"It's amusing how Ace has already gotten over it yet you haven't." I smirked at Milo, picking up my glass of wine to take a sip.

"Love, stop bothering Valentine and entertain your other guests." Ace grabbed Milo's arm who begrudgingly stood up, giving me another stink eye before he turned around.

I looked around the villa where the dinner was being held and tried to find Charles. Milo really went all out with this one. He rented a private island for two nights with almost all of his guests having a small bungalow of their own. There weren't that many of us– some of his friends and family from home flying to Brazil while the others were people from Formula One. The villa we were staying in was for him and his family while the friends were given separate houses.

I found Charles standing beside Pierre and Daniel as the three boys talked animatedly about something Daniel had said. Bringing my wine glass with me, I walked over to where they were and wrapped an arm around Charles' waist, bringing his attention to me.

"Hey." He smiled, cheeks flushed because of the alcohol as he placed an arm over my shoulders and kissed my forehead.

"Have we been hogging him?" Pierre said and I shook my head, smiling at him and Daniel.

"It's okay. What were you guys talking about?"

"Daniel's proposal."

My eyes widened as I turned to Daniel who was already grinning at me. "You told them?"

He nodded his head, eyes briefly glancing at Heidi who was sitting down next to one of Milo's cousins who were able to make the event. "I've been asking advice from the guys."

"Even Yuki." Charles added and I raised my eyebrows at the mention of the Japanese driver.

"You do know Yuki tends to blurt out things he's not supposed to, right?" I told him and the four of us turned our heads to see Yuki on the other side of the room. He was talking to Lando and Mick. He looked sober but when his eyes landed on Heidi and he began walking towards her after his eyes brightened, Daniel and Pierre didn't hesitate to run over to their direction.

"It's only ten and he's already drunk." Charles laughed as we both watched Daniel head to Heidi, a nervous smile on his lips as Pierre placed a hand over Yuki's mouth and dragged him away. Since Yuki was smaller than him, it didn't make things difficult. "What about you, Bellerose?"